AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarrco

I have a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 37B and my heat pump AC is blowing air but not cold. Also it seems to need the genset going to even kick in. Any ideas? Im trying to sell it but need that working.

It is probably the compressor.  I recently had to replace one doing the same thing.

If it helps any I had to pay a mobile repair guy $90 for the same answer.

I friend of mine had AC issues also, had to be plugged in to AC power to work but the AC wasn't good. Found two issues, the transfer switch was bad so he had low voltage on gen power and the AC unit's compressor was bad also. Based on it's age he replaced the whole unit.

Not cooling means the compressor isn't running, but needing the genset instead of shore power points to other (electrical) problems. Need to tackle those separately, I think.  Does the compressor start and run when using the genset? But still no cooling? What happenes when using shore power instead of genset?  Does other 120v stuff work on shore power?

One possibility for the compressor not starting is a failed hard start capacitor. Easy and not expensive to replace.  If you hear the compressor "grunt" and try to start but never actually get going, the capacitor is a good bet.

Thank you to all so much. Does anyone know of a repair service anywhere near Antigonish NS or Halifax NS?

I would first thoroughly clean the condenser and evaporator and replace he filter or filters. When we picked up our 2003 Adventurer 38G, the AC blew ambient air. After cleaning the condenser and evaporator and replacing the filter, it cooled as it should.

Thank you John. Unfortunately I'm no mechanic and the mechanics here seem to treat this like rocket science. I have a sale pending but cannot sell it to them if the air is not working.

Back
Top Bottom