Accident in Tetons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
Saw a rental motor home in a ditch near the Cunningham Cabin today. Someone enjoying the view but driving towards it I think. I hope the occupants were unharmed.

A reminder to us all to keep a close eye on the road not just the scenery.

99dart said:
Yikes! Hope all occupants came out OK.
The Tetons are beautiful! I just thought about how long ago I was there. My wife was pregnant with out first son. He's 37 now...  :O

Time for anther one.  :eek: ::) ;D ;) ;)

Rene T said:
Time for anther one.  :eek: ::) ;D ;) ;)

Hahaaaa

jackiemac said:
Saw a rental motor home in a ditch near the Cunningham Cabin today. Someone enjoying the view but driving towards it I think. I hope the occupants were unharmed.

A reminder to us all to keep a close eye on the road not just the scenery.

That's called "target fixation".  :)    Hope everyone is healthy.

FenderP said:
Hahaaaa

That's called "target fixation".  :)    Hope everyone is healthy.

Yep - happens in mountain biking all the time.  You looks at all the rocks you could hit in the trail and guess what?  You hit the rock you were looking at.  The challenge is to ignore everything but the clean line through all those rocks!

Another posibility is "Rental" may mean a driver new to Motor Homes and no sway/wag/Rock/Trac controls. so he simply lost it.

But that said even with cars it happens.. Recall the BANG NO POWER thread,, Well my contribution was different than the O/P's.. the "Bang" was a car hitting the pole. He missed the turn. He did NOT miss the pole. Bang. No power.

Given the number of rental RV's I saw in Tetons, and Yellowstone last summer that did not know where their side of the double yellow line is, and the lack of shoulders on many of those roads I am not all that surprised. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom