Accidental Framily meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Well! Of all things.

We went to dinner this evening at the "Antlers Restaurant" in Sault Ste. Marie and low and behold, we ran into Dave & Jeanette Reavis.  We enjoyed dinner together and found out that we were almost tracking each other around Lake Superior this last week.

They are going south on the east side of Michigan and we are still trying to figure if that's what we want to do.  Our primary purpose for the next couple weeks is to play golf where it is cool.  They are headed for Niagra Falls on the Canadian side.  I would guess they plan to cross over at Detroit.  If we continue down the east side, we might have dinner again along the way.

Dave and Jeanette have not been on line for a while, so really didn't have any news of Framily.  We did have a discussion of fuel prices though.  Average up here in Michigan is around 2.599 for diesel.  We plan to fill next in Gary, IN where Flying J is 2.439.  We paid 3.29/gal. in Marathon, Ontario for regular a couple days ago, so don't feel so bad wherever you are currently.

We are having a great trip and plan to be home around Labor Day.

I've attached a few photos.  One is our camping spot in Pukaskwa National Park, which by the way is beautiful.  The second is at Pancake Bay Provincial Park, where they have about 500 spaces and the third is in the Soo Locks.

Attachments

• Lake Superior Tour 076 (WinCE).jpg
    Lake Superior Tour 076 (WinCE).jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Lake Superior Tour 107 (WinCE).jpg
    Lake Superior Tour 107 (WinCE).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Lake Superior Tour 118 (WinCE).jpg
    Lake Superior Tour 118 (WinCE).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 27
Ron

Thanks for the update on the Reavis's and for sharing the photos.

Folks, just remember if you happen to pass by/trough Detroit,  That's where I hang my hat.  I'm good for meet & greet on most Wed, Thu and Fri and of course Church on Sunday if you don't mind coming to My choice (Catholic in Farmington Hills, Middlebelt and Shiawasee area)

Currently my rig is in the shop being un-hit&run-ed (miinor damage, only abotu 2-3K got license of runner. so won't cost me anything)

They will touch up a few touch up things while at it.  And give it a bath (Always need those)

I don't yet, but in a couple of months I hope to have dry=camp parking (limited electricity, I can supply water, no sewer.. at least not planned, may change that when the backhoe gets here though) for 1 or 2 rigs depending on size and my plans

(I am buying a vacant lot, this will be used to get my rig on to the back of my property, but the driveway will be big enough to park another rig w/o problems.  All fenced, power chains off my rig but is limited to about 20 amps since it is a "Storage" not a "Service" grade)

But I will rig it so I can use my RV's generator (Safer than using your RV generator) to supply additional power if needed

John In Detroit said:
Folks, just remember if you happen to pass by/trough Detroit,? That's where I hang my hat.? I'm good for meet & greet on most Wed, Thu and Fri and of course Church on Sunday if you don't mind coming to My choice (Catholic in Farmington Hills, Middlebelt and Shiawasee area)

Currently my rig is in the shop being un-hit&run-ed (miinor damage, only abotu 2-3K got license of runner. so won't cost me anything)

They will touch up a few touch up things while at it.? And give it a bath (Always need those)

I don't yet, but in a couple of months I hope to have dry=camp parking (limited electricity, I can supply water, no sewer.. at least not planned, may change that when the backhoe gets here though) for 1 or 2 rigs depending on size and my plans

Thanks for the invite John, but I will be working my way over to Holland and away from Detroit.  You might try reaching the Reavis's at 336-978-1906 since they are headed your way.
Maybe another time.  Thanks again.

(I am buying a vacant lot, this will be used to get my rig on to the back of my property, but the driveway will be big enough to park another rig w/o problems.? All fenced, power chains off my rig but is limited to about 20 amps since it is a "Storage" not a "Service" grade)

But I will rig it so I can use my RV's generator (Safer than using your RV generator) to supply additional power if needed

Ron & Shirley,

You going to get as far west as Sam's Camp?  You are always welcome to stop by here.  We will be here till near the end of Sept.

Thanks for the tip on the Reavis's - we haven't heard from them in awhile and were wondering where they are.  And I recall meeting you folks outside of Duluth some years ago too - the area  must be conducive to unplanned micro-rallies.

Ron said:
Ron & Shirley,

You going to get as far west as Sam's Camp?? You are always welcome to stop by here.? We will be here till near the end of Sept.

Sorry Ron.  We are staying in Michigan for a couple weeks and then heading home.  Maybe next time.

RV Roamer said:
Thanks for the tip on the Reavis's - we haven't heard from them in awhile and were wondering where they are.? And I recall meeting you folks outside of Duluth some years ago too - the area? must be conducive to unplanned micro-rallies.

Tis a fact Gary.  By the way, I think they plan on making the South East Rally.

We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw Ron and Shirley. It was great to see them again
and we had a wonderful meal and visit.

We are at the Thousand Trails Preserve at St Clair Mich. this weekend. We will be
heading back iinto Canada on Monday.

Dave & Jeanette

Sounds as if you've having a trip like ours.  We really enjoyed Sault locks.  You should find plenty of golf in Michigan.  Never seen so many courses in the middle of no-where.

We're still in the Utah mountains.  Probably heading east in October.  Will you be home by then?

thebrits said:
We're still in the Utah mountains.  Probably heading east in October. 

Which mountains in Utah?  Are you going to visit Salt Lake City?

Phil

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom