Actor Living the High Life/Where to park?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avalonbailey

I know this seems somewhat silly, but I have am currently a struggling actor and have been seriously considering/researching purchasing  a used RV for me and a roommate to live for the next few years -- partly due a used and parked  RV that i have been pricing is considerably cheaper than LA rent and partly because it just seems fun for the time  being.

The price of the vehicle I have worked out and what types I may be more apt to buy... but the big question I have surrounds where I could park the RV.

I know there are "parks", but is is abnormal for someone to live in one -- are there places that takes monthly residents?

I have done some preliminary research for areas in and around LA --- but I found this forum and would love any advice you would give for someone fully planning on living out of an RV. I understand that it is a "recreational" vehicle, but I don't need much and I figure why not have some fun.

Thank you all so much, this forum seems very helpful and cheery.

Welcome to our forum.

Your question is not silly at all and many folks "fulltime" in their RV, inckuding a number of our forum members. Many RV parks/campgrounds will give you a monthly (or longer) rate.

Hi avalonbailey,

If you pick up a copy of Trailer Life's Camping Guide it will list many of the parks available throughout the country. You could start calling those close to where you would like to live and see what rates they can provide. I'm guessing it will be high in the LA area but not as high as apartments. :)

If you run into an actor/director/professor by the name of John Fredick Jones please say hi. He's married to my cousin. :)

avalonbailey said:
I know this seems somewhat silly, but I have am currently a struggling actor and have been seriously considering/researching purchasing? a used RV for me and a roommate to live for the next few years -- partly due a used and parked? RV that i have been pricing is considerably cheaper than LA rent and partly because it just seems fun for the time? being.

The price of the vehicle I have worked out and what types I may be more apt to buy... but the big question I have surrounds where I could park the RV.

I know there are "parks", but is is abnormal for someone to live in one -- are there places that takes monthly residents?

I have done some preliminary research for areas in and around LA --- but I found this forum and would love any advice you would give for someone fully planning on living out of an RV. I understand that it is a "recreational" vehicle, but I don't need much and I figure why not have some fun.

Thank you all so much, this forum seems very helpful and cheery.

Plenty of people stay in parks long term.  Folks in the construction or petroleum industries in particular.  However, RV parks in LA are scarce.  There is one well rated park in Van Nuys and that would be most convenient to The Industry.
the Birmingham RV Park at 818-785-0949.  Give them a call and go look see.  Also there is Walnut RV park in Northridge at  1-(800)-868-2749.    Be sure to talk about monthly rates and any restrictions they might have on rigs.  If that does not fit, there is also a large park in Valencia at the intersection of I5 and CA-126:  Valencia RV Villlage (805) 257-3333.  It is a large park, over 400 sites.

Another option which MIGHT work, but do your research first and GET IT IN WRITING is Membership parks.  Generally you can not stay in a membership park for more than a couple of weeks, but if you find an orgination that has 3 or 4 membership parks in the area you can, sometimes, move park to park to park within the system and comply with restrictoins... I can send you to ONE membership park, however I can not really recommend it.. And one word of caution, the biggest word in membership parks seems to be "Bankruptcy" as most all of them are either in or going through or just out of...

I belon to two membership parks.. One is out of, the other looks very much like they won't be going there (Their total debt is equal to this months' utilities and supplies, their 30 days or older debt is zero.zero zero, and their bank balance is healthy, note I'm not taklkng 30 days past due, I'm talking bills that arrived 30 days ago, all bills paid on time in full)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom