ADCO RV covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wagonmaster12

My previous ADCO RV cover lasted 1 1/2 years before it disintegrated and had to be discarded. It had a one year guarantee. So, I then purchased the "new" UV Hydro cover ($841.12) which was more expensive than the first one with the hope that it would last longer...three year guarantee this time. After one year and two months the straps have broken apart in multiple locations. If you hold an piece of strap in your hand you can literally make it break in half by very, and I mean very, gently pulling on it. A light breeze would do it. Anyone had better luck with some other brand of cover? Anyone have any experience in dealing with warranty issues with ADCO? I called them and was only able to leave a message.

Couple days ago I bought a cheapo "Fonzier" cover off amazon for $160.
A lot of the more expensive ones had the same complaints your describing.
When I did a cost-versus-review analysis, the "Fonzier" seemed like the clear winner.
We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Since I last posted, I have found out that ADCO is aware of the faulty straps and are sending me a new cover. This transaction is being looked after by the dealer where I bought the cover, so that is good. Hope the actual cover lasts at least three years or longer.

I gave up on RV covers many moons ago. I've always had smaller trailers (20ft or so) and even then it was a PITA to keep a cover on them. The covers never lasted more than a couple of years and were not cheap

My issue was that I keep my trailer at a storage yard. So drive to the yard with a ladder big enough to get on the roof. Fight any wind while trying to lay out the cover in the right orientation (front vs back) before fighting it unto the roof and rolling it out end to end while fighting the snags. Strap it down and hope it stays on during windy days.

Before trip, drive to yard and pull this large cover off and wrestle it in to a manageable location while trying to fold it into something that you can transport home.

Buy a new one every 2-3 years.

I'm done with that.

Prior to building an RV garage I used cheap Harbor Freight tarps, with added eyelets every 2' and elastic cords to hold it taut.
Those tarps would las 3-4 years before sun-rot destroyed them. Never during the years I used them did I see any rub damage to the 5th wheel RV's. IMO due to doubling the number of eyelets and elastic cords to hold the tarp taut.
Initial cost for the 40'x60' tarp to cover the 40'5er, 2 dozen elastic cords, and a dozen add-on eyelets was about $120 at the time.
Today I would expect the total initial cost to be close to $250.

I would be careful about covering your entire rv with a blue tarp. I’m told that these tarps will not breath thereby promoting the growth of mold.

I used the silver tarps on my pop-up for years after I got tired of paying for the adco covers. Rubbed of some paint on the body corners and did have mold under it in the spring

I would be careful about covering your entire rv with a blue tarp. I’m told that these tarps will not breath thereby promoting the growth of mold.
That is nonsense IMO. A roof air conditioner holds the tarp away from the roof, thus air can circulate. The sides are not drawn tight against the RV sides, just taut downward.
I never had a mold/mildew issue during the years I used a poly farm tarp; nor did I ever see a wear/rub spot on the RV's.

FWIW our 3rd boat (25 foot trailerable) came with a cover. In addition to being a PITA to cover it at the end of a weekend on the water, it very clearly caused surface damage to the gelcoat and isinglass in the windy berth location. I never used an ADCO cover, but I understand their product is "soft" aka more gentle on the boat/RV surface in the high winds.

We've not used a cover on a boat or an RV since those days.

I used the silver tarps on my pop-up for years after I got tired of paying for the adco covers. Rubbed of some paint on the body corners and did have mold under it in the spring
This must be nonsense as Ray-IN would say. You are living proof.

I've used the Eevelle Goldline cover, with 5 year warranty, with decent success. I bought the first one in early 2015 for just over $400 which lasted about 2 years. Then they replaced it on a prorated rate for about $170. That second one was done with the roof just tearing off altogether this last year in 2022. It did it's job for the winter. Just under $600 for 8 years. Not bad. Short of building a mini hangar, does anybody have a better option?

I had an ADCO cover on my 2018. Other than some holes from protrusions on the trailer, ADCO sent me two large patch kits free of charge, it held up until this year.
I just purchased a new ADCO, but it is not the same material as the older one. A comparable cover like my old one is double the price I paid 4 years ago. The other problem is I have a toy hauler and and the more expensive cover does not show a model for a toy hauler.
The one I bought has a two year warranty and the upgraded one only has a 3 year warranty.
I did check other brands and they were 2-4 time as much as I paid.
Never had a problem with the ADCO damaging the trailer.

Getting ready to start our 3rd year with a King Bird cover. We are happy with it. I have replied with more details in similar posts.

My last Adco cover lasted 3 years, and it would have lasted another, had the roof air conditioner not poked itself through the cover. I had the extended water gutter spouts, and I used to put tennis balls over these, and also foam corner packing on the 4 corners of the roof. I didn’t buy another cover, and this will be the first Winnipeg winter without a cover on our baby……🥶🥶

Attachments

• A20A6ABB-141D-4325-B1C2-0F7F8BA094E6.jpeg
    A20A6ABB-141D-4325-B1C2-0F7F8BA094E6.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 1
It’s good the manufacturer reacted, and I hope the cover will last long.
I also want to buy a good one and don’t know which brand to choose. From what I’ve read, I can see the price does matter but not that much, and many of the expensive covers have similar issues to the cheap ones. It makes me think I don’t actually need to spend additional money for something that won’t last long anyways.
I need a cover to prevent rotting and fast RV deterioration. After studying car leasing benefits, I realized it’s better to buy my RV for cash and not cooperate with any banks. That’s why I want it to last as long as possible.
Nice clickbait attempt.

Back
Top Bottom