Added new outlet to exterior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ill have some pics tomorrow.

I did add my new ($49) electrical plugin to the outside of the slideout.  The outside plugin is a three prong male with flip up lid.  It is wired to a normal outlet inside the RV which i mounted pretty much next to it on the other side of the wall. 

The purpose is so that i can run a short extension cord from the RV park electrical portal 15amp to the side of the RV.  Then on the inside i can plugin in my battery backup for the computer and stuff. 

This keeps the computer on its own circut so that when the AC cycles, it does not cause a surge which sets off the alarm on the backup unit, just imagine that beeping at you every 5 min or so, drove me nuts. 

Prior to this new outlet (for almost a year now) i had a heavy guage cable running from the slidout over the sofa and down through the floor and out the corner of the storage compartment door which i had to partially leave open and duct tape it to keep water out.

Now those cables are gone and that storage door is buttoned up tight, its warped a bit now but it should go back into place i think after awhile. 

Now i can start slowly insulating here and there getting ready for winter.

I did the same thing, to use a second space heater. Sure beats running the extension cord through the slide.

+1 happy

thanks rene...

here are some pics, i still need to clean up the silicone but at least this time i remembered to mask off the area around it so it would be clean looking.

I did put some roof paper over it just as an extra precaution to help keep water out, when i move ill remove that paper.

Attachments

• SANY0001 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0001 (Medium).jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY0002 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0002 (Medium).jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 33
  • insideoutlet.jpg
    insideoutlet.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 30
Rene T said:
it looks like factory installed only better.  ;) :)  Thanks for the pictures.  :)) :))

I was a RV factory worker in my previous life :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom