Adding handle to RV door 2016 Reactor 27Fs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a relatively new RVer, and the door handle setup on this trailer leaves something to be desired, and I wonder if anyone has installed these bars I see advertised to make opening and closing the door easier
Mike

donn

Typical RV doors are 2 pieces of light tin with a cardboard sandwich between them. With a 2x2 wood frame. If you were to attempt to attach something, best would be fastened to the edge to catch the wood. The alternative you would need some support on both sides.

Rene T

Site Team
I am a relatively new RVer, and the door handle setup on this trailer leaves something to be desired, and I wonder if anyone has installed these bars I see advertised to make opening and closing the door easier
Mike
Did you try to post a picture of the bars you are talking about?
Don’t forget, there isn’t much space beteeen the outside door snd the screen door.

I guess maybe I was asking for the wrong thing,
I am looking for something that will make the door open, easier, and for my door, I almost need a bar type thing that will attach to a 1" round plastic ball.
I would send a picture but my RV is in storage about 10 miles from here, and I assume there may be much snow to go thru, but I will try to get over there, and take a picture.
I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, but a picture should tell that story
Thanks for all that have responded.................
Mike

Rene T

Site Team
You’ll have to send a picture because you through me way off when you mentioned the round plastic ball.

Ex-Calif

If you are talking about using the little square lever from the outside and it's a hard pull you may need to have the hinges adjusted/replaced or the latch target adjusted.

My door was in bad alignment to the point of needing to give it a little "kick" to open from the inside. I finally took the time to align the latch and it's really easy now.

There are a variety of outdoor bar handles available but like Rene the round plastic ball comment is a mystery to me.

msw3113

Is this the type of door handle extension you mean? Sorry, I don't have any experience with them. Flirted with the idea of getting one but we just learned to live with the door the way it is.

Ex-Calif

I pretty much see two types of bars. Ones you attach to the door to make handling the door easier and various types like msw3113 posted that attach to the left of the door, swing out and I guess make some sort of grab rail for ascending the stairs.

Top Bottom