Adding handle to RV door 2016 Reactor 27Fs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunshineman6869

I am a relatively new RVer, and the door handle setup on this trailer leaves something to be desired, and I wonder if anyone has installed these bars I see advertised to make opening and closing the door easier
Mike

Typical RV doors are 2 pieces of light tin with a cardboard sandwich between them. With a 2x2 wood frame. If you were to attempt to attach something, best would be fastened to the edge to catch the wood. The alternative you would need some support on both sides.

I am a relatively new RVer, and the door handle setup on this trailer leaves something to be desired, and I wonder if anyone has installed these bars I see advertised to make opening and closing the door easier
Mike
Did you try to post a picture of the bars you are talking about?
Don’t forget, there isn’t much space beteeen the outside door snd the screen door.

I guess maybe I was asking for the wrong thing,
I am looking for something that will make the door open, easier, and for my door, I almost need a bar type thing that will attach to a 1" round plastic ball.
I would send a picture but my RV is in storage about 10 miles from here, and I assume there may be much snow to go thru, but I will try to get over there, and take a picture.
I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, but a picture should tell that story
Thanks for all that have responded.................
Mike

You’ll have to send a picture because you through me way off when you mentioned the round plastic ball.

If you are talking about using the little square lever from the outside and it's a hard pull you may need to have the hinges adjusted/replaced or the latch target adjusted.

My door was in bad alignment to the point of needing to give it a little "kick" to open from the inside. I finally took the time to align the latch and it's really easy now.

There are a variety of outdoor bar handles available but like Rene the round plastic ball comment is a mystery to me.

Is this the type of door handle extension you mean? Sorry, I don't have any experience with them. Flirted with the idea of getting one but we just learned to live with the door the way it is.

I pretty much see two types of bars. Ones you attach to the door to make handling the door easier and various types like msw3113 posted that attach to the left of the door, swing out and I guess make some sort of grab rail for ascending the stairs.

I guess my original post was not very clear. The handle I wanted to try was made by Lippert, and it was something to make the screen door open and close easier. The Lippert people told me that the main camper door, would have to be a lippert door to make this work, and once I go an get it out of winter storage, I will have my answer.
Sorry to be so confusing
Mike
Northern Mi

I guess my original post was not very clear. The handle I wanted to try was made by Lippert, and it was something to make the screen door open and close easier. The Lippert people told me that the main camper door, would have to be a lippert door to make this work, and once I go an get it out of winter storage, I will have my answer.
Sorry to be so confusing
Mike
Northern Mi
Unfortunately RV door systems do not have the luxury of opposite swings for the main and screen doors. They must be united and work together as well as separately.

The screen door must provide access to the main door handle when attached to the main door. This complicates things. I have never found anything that makes a whole lot of difference but I would guess there may be something out there somewhere but don't get your hopes up.

One of these?

20-1543-2.jpg

Lippert 239061 Screen Door Slider Panel With Push-Down Knob

Charles

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back