Ads in the right side bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a logged in member and very large adds are now popping in between posts and are very disruptive. What's up with that? I thought it was going to be on the right and bottom only for logged in members...???
Yes - I am seeing the same and have contacted the ad company. Stand by...

I am a logged in member and very large adds are now popping in between posts and are very disruptive. What's up with that? I thought it was going to be on the right and bottom only for logged in members...???
Me too. Adds between replies, adds in the side bar and adds at the bottom.
I don’t like it. Very disruptive. And, YES, I do notice them so I won’t do business with any of them now.

Me too. Adds between replies, adds in the side bar and adds at the bottom.
I don’t like it. Very disruptive. And, YES, I do notice them so I won’t do business with any of them now.
I don't like it either and we should not be seeing them. We've contacted the ad agency and are working to adjust settings....

I still cannot see a single ad, for whatever reason. I have no ad block or anything remotely that should cause this exception. Fortunately I don't spend a bunch of time on the web and on a bunch of other sites. I do see some on another site if I am not logged in. But they all go away after I log in since I am a paid member. And the membership does not break the bank.

I have to read the forum while I'm not logged in.

As soon as I login it's terrible. Ads popping up in the thread next to the thread below the thread and as they keep popping up the page has to regenerate.

Yesterday it was not like this, just on the side.

Best for me to read when not logged in now, unlike janet h who can see it better logged in.

They appeared last night and It really slowed things down as they loaded. Had a hard time scrolling.

But now today Friday at 10:30 am PST the ads are gone.

I am too. Ads are popping up all over the place. On the side, at the bottom, in between posts and sometimes blocking out the posts. The ads are causing the page to jump around. Now an ad just popped up where I’m typing. It’s getting to a point where I can’t even read posts. I am logged in.

As far as I am concerned, now that it's been a few days, and the ad stuff is full force - this site is about as bad, ad-wise, as any I've seen, or frequent - pretty bad!

This forum looks like this forum now. hahahahha:

This should be improving now - you may need to refresh your screen a few times. Thanks for your patience :)

Not seeing anything now.

So what is next?

Any plan?

How much in united states dollars does it cost each year to keep the forum add free?

@Janet H

Quoting your sig line:
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose | Dr. Seuss
I figure you have an idea!

I'm logged in on my laptop and have yet to see an ad. I don't go to the individual forums, however. I just click "new posts" and go through that list instead. Maybe that's the difference.

What R above said. The sidebar is tolerable, but the ads in the center column and the resultant jumping around are already causing me to rethink my habit of checking new threads daily!

Ernie

Give up on the ads thing, all together? If money is an object, what would an ad free membership cost? Keep both versions, ad supported and ad free, let the member choose.

Edit - I see that if you are not logged in the ads are there, in force. Hope that gets you the monetary support you need. ;)(y)

Last edited:
I had to try another browser other than Chrome to see what all the fuss is about given I've not seen a single add-- logged in or not. Ad blocker addon seems to work. But when I checked another browser, it was a bit ugly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom