Advice 01 Ford V-10 crank but no start problem.27K miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I, too, have a 2001 Ford with the V-10, and had an electric pump go out on it as well. You can try giving the pump back there a bit of a whack (be careful). It worked well enough for me to get it to my shop. I ended up changing the pump. It's doable but a fair bit of work.

Thanks all you guys for all the great info, sorry I had not gotten back to finish the story...after many hours and days trying to discover anything else besides the fuel pump and as a last resort and tow to the Ford dealer found to my dismay that it was a fuel pump. I guess I already knew that after all my tests but was hoping that I had overlooked an in line fuse or something. anyway after 1300$ and many lost time I'm back to other things...........I recently had it in for a safety check up and the found that my coach air conditioner was not cooling and had to be replaced. I understand they are an enclosed unit and it would cost as much to replace refrigerant and re-seal as buying a new one.. so after some research on that I ended up with a new A/C unit... also in their check they say I had a slight propane leak through a pressure test. but did not know exactly where it was and it would be anywhere from 1 to 10 hours to locate. at 140$ an hour I thought it might be some gouging going on so that is now my new job ,looking for that, I bought an electronic propane tester and will begin that as the weather allows... Hmmm ,never had a leak before, but after sitting for two years I guess a 20 YO can leak a little gas :)

Thanks all you guys for all the great info, sorry I had not gotten back to finish the story...after many hours and days trying to discover anything else besides the fuel pump and as a last resort and tow to the Ford dealer found to my dismay that it was a fuel pump. I guess I already knew that after all my tests but was hoping that I had overlooked an in line fuse or something. anyway after 1300$ and many lost time I'm back to other things...........I recently had it in for a safety check up and the found that my coach air conditioner was not cooling and had to be replaced. I understand they are an enclosed unit and it would cost as much to replace refrigerant and re-seal as buying a new one.. so after some research on that I ended up with a new A/C unit... also in their check they say I had a slight propane leak through a pressure test. but did not know exactly where it was and it would be anywhere from 1 to 10 hours to locate. at 140$ an hour I thought it might be some gouging going on so that is now my new job ,looking for that, I bought an electronic propane tester and will begin that as the weather allows... Hmmm ,never had a leak before, but after sitting for two years I guess a 20 YO can leak a little gas :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom