Advice on where to get tires in Indianapolis area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good day friends.  I am new to the motorhome thing and need some help locating a good place to get tires for our '99 Winnebago Chieftain 36L gasser.  If anyone might be able to point me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it!

When we needed to replace the tires on our MH we went through the FMCA tire program. We were sent to Indy Tire on 30th street in Indianapolis. They were the nearest Michelin dealer in the program. The service was excellent! They mounted and balanced the new tires and put them on the MH. We were so pleased with the service that we went back to have new tires put on our Saturn Vue. Again, excellent service and price.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey

Why haven't you visited a few tire stores and begin pricing the size you need.. The same way you would for your car.>>>Dan

Ya, I'm an Indy guy.  Belle Tires is good, but as stated above, most shops will do it, call your regular place first. Indy Tire on 30th might be ok, but the one one southsiide, idiots. 

Utclmjmpr said:
Why haven't you visited a few tire stores and begin pricing the size you need.. The same way you would for your car.>>>Dan

I was thinking that motorhome tires were only available from "specialty" shops.  You are saying that any tire shop can fix me up?

indiana journey said:
When we needed to replace the tires on our MH we went through the FMCA tire program. We were sent to Indy Tire on 30th street in Indianapolis. They were the nearest Michelin dealer in the program. The service was excellent! They mounted and balanced the new tires and put them on the MH. We were so pleased with the service that we went back to have new tires put on our Saturn Vue. Again, excellent service and price.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey

Did you find that the tire discount from FMCA made the membership fees worthwhile?  Would you purchase that way again?

I'm  not in the Indy area, but I would check with truck tire dealers. There are very few "RV" tires. Many of us use Toyo, Continental,  Hercules, Sumitomo, and many others truck tires. They will save you a substantial amount of money.

I have a travel trailer, so yes any old Tire shop.  Maybe this search below will help.  J&E seems to have great reviews.  maybe ask them and others what they recommend and prices, than do your research on what tires have best reviews.  Good Luck
https://www.google.com/search?q=rv%20tires%20in%20indianapolis&oq=rv+tirs+in+indianapolis&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i64.6222j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=39678019,-86160081,3977&tbm=lcl&rldimm=6885045490771861649&phdesc=0kPQgrnLRHQ&ved=2ahUKEwiC042hzt3jAhVB0KwKHRUkDz0QvS4wAnoECAoQMQ&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10#rlfi=hd:;si:6885045490771861649,y,0kPQgrnLRHQ;mv:!1m2!1d39.8114369!2d-86.0355324!2m2!1d39.6002878!2d-86.2892586!3m12!1m3!1d102316.78571938157!2d-86.1623955!3d39.70586235!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i370!2i400!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10

Utclmjmpr said:

I tried that when I bought my rig.
Failed miserably. The basic auto tire stores were useless.

A search for light truck tires on Google, however, did the trick. 

Bob, As you have probably found out by now, most tire stores don't want anything to do with mounting tires or balancing them on motorhome rims. Indy Tire has many semi tires being mounted every day.
When I was looking/pricing new tires for my motorhome most dealers couldn't come close to the FMCA price. One, Riley Park, told me that they could only come close to the FMCA price by selling me chinese tires that they weren't very sure of the quality.
I haven't been to the FMCA price list for quite a while and am not sure of their pricing now. When I bought mine the price was about $80 less per tire for 255/80x22.5 LRG. That was mounted and spin balanced and mounted on the motorhome.
The FMCA membership covers much more that just tire discounts. You can read about the other benefits on their website fmca.com
When it becomes necessary to replace this set I will more than likely go the same route.
Good luck,
Indiana Journey

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom