Afraid of sleeping out in random parking places after reading this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've taken advantage of Cracker Barrel a number of times this summer. So far, all good.

We even camped at a WalMart, in a small town in New York.

Worst Cracker Barrel experience, so far was in St Jo, MO a big group of sports fans were staying at the Motel next door, and had an all night football game going, and friends showed up, and parked at the CB and kept us awake for half the night.

During the ten years I spent full timing I spent hundreds of night camping in Walmart parking lots all over the country. The only time I felt threatened was in Roswell NM. There was a horrible thunderstorm with lightning going off everywhere. I am glad I did not get hit by lightning.

SeilerBird said:
During the ten years I spent full timing I spent hundreds of night camping in Walmart parking lots all over the country. The only time I felt threatened was in Roswell NM. There was a horrible thunderstorm with lightning going off everywhere. I am glad I did not get hit by lightning.

Roswell! You could of been abducted and probed.

Roswell! You could of been abducted and probed.

Maybe he was, maybe he was abducted and replaced with a SeilerBird replica. Maybe the Seilerbird we see now is a fake SeilerBird.

cadee2c said:
Maybe he was, maybe he was abducted and replaced with a SeilerBird replica. Maybe the Seilerbird we see now is a fake SeilerBird.

They walk among us and we have no clue. The goal is to clandestinely replace all of us with their replicas. The person making your chicken sandwich could be a replica or...the person that woke up next to you this morning.

From what we are reading online and on this forum , we see a need for a safe quiet place to stay overnight or even a couple of days while visiting an area . Anyway we have 16 acres in Upstate South Carolina that has woods and pasture available for Boondockers passing through our area. We have no idea how to set up travelers knowing there's a safe place while passing through. Thinking we would need Boondockers to call not only to see if there is still space for them but also for combination lock on our gate. We'd also ask then to give us their license plate number (just to protect us in case someone isn't honest). It's free but we are going to ask that everyone leave a donation for the use of the land. We wont be charging just only asking that our guest donate something to help us keep up the land (We plan to installing a drop box with envelopes in hopes that all our guest will help us in some way). One day we hope to be able to offer water and power and even that will be offered in hopes of donations and gifts to help offset our expense. For now if someone must have power or water, we can come offer it on a limited bases in cases of emergencies , like with generator problems or what have you. Mainly we have our pasture empty and wont be using for a few more years. And even when cows are on on the land, we only raise 2 each time, still leaving so many places to park on the pasture not being grazed. The land is very nice and no dung remains in the pasture. It's all composted. So anyway if anyone has ideas on how to go about this please let us know. We won't be offer this on craigs list or the like. We only want to offer it on good RV community forums. We want to keep our soon to be fellow Campers, RVers and even tent dwellers safe, where they can get a good nights sleep without worry but we also want our property respected. So however we do this we will need plate numbers , so we know who is who and if anyone disrespects us or our property , we will be able to leave feedback on forums. Please let us know what you think and give us any advice. Thank you, Wirly

Also I cant figure out how to start a topic. I'm having trouble even with the help page. Ugh I'd love to start the topic boondocking in upstate South Carolina.

I think it?s great that folks offer their property for those of us traveling through their area. But isn?t there some concern about folks getting injured on your property even though you probably have insurance?

Hi Wirly. Welcome to the forum.
There is a web site where you can join others who share their property.
Boondockerswelcome.com.
What town are you near? My daughter lives in North Augusta.

Wirly said:
Also I cant figure out how to start a topic. I'm having trouble even with the help page. Ugh I'd love to start the topic boondocking in upstate South Carolina.
Go to the Home page and scroll down to Boondocking. Click on that then New Topic

I received a message to go to boondockers welcome. The problem I see with that web site and others like it is that they are all paid sites. We wanted to help those who don't subscribe to these clubs and sites just so they can find a safe place to park. Not to mention we want to offer our property free with the hopes that each of our guests would offer something to help offset our costs. I don't think the paid boondocker sites allow that from their registered hosts. For us a kindness should be blessed with like kindness. Nothing in life is free but if we all work together , life can be grand. So naw boondockers welcome is not for us as hosts. We want to bless others with a safe place to stay and hopefully they leave behind a little something to help with our costs. We have to mow, weed it all , maintain fences and pay taxes each year and so if we offer our property as a safe harbor we would hope each guest understands that and helps us in someway. Maybe they help my husband stack lumber , or trim the fence line or leave a donation in the drop box but all in all we help them and they return the favor. Everyone is blessed that way. A leach never feels good after draining someone, it just feels stuffed and goes on always searching for another free ride. We don't care for leaches , we are looking for real people with real dreams in a real world. And so how we go about offering our land to like minded people is still a mystery but hopefully word of mouth will work just as it has for hundreds of years. And if our property never sees a camper, RV or tent, all is well it will see a couple of cows again and those cows use are land and then pay is back with a full freezer. ahaha So anyway if someone has ideas how to get the word our throw them my way or hey just pass along the info and soon word of mouth will do it's thing.

cadee2c said:
Now you have me wondering if I have been replaced. Things have been different lately :eek:

Back
Top Bottom