After market generator: Exhaust and operating questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RJake1

I bought a 3500 watt genny from Pep Boys. It fits into the compartment previously occupied by the original genrerator in my RV.  It looks like there is some kind of padding against the back wall so I'm assuming its insulated.  Can I run the new after market genny while it sits in that compartment? 

The new genny has a stub of an exhaust pipe.  Does anybody know if the gen exhaust routing kit from Campers World will fit onto that stub so I can route exhaust out and above RV roof? 

Thanks !!

RJake1 said:
I bought a 3500 watt genny from Pep Boys. It fits into the compartment previously occupied by the original genrerator in my RV.  It looks like there is some kind of padding against the back wall so I'm assuming its insulated.  Can I run the new after market genny while it sits in that compartment? 

Probably not.  RV  generators that are designed to run in a closed compartment have special cooling baffles.  Most "contractor type" generators are not designed to run in a closed compartment.  :(

PhilB

Another problem is that some of the motors on those type of genrators can be damage from too much back pressure from the larger mufflers.  It is best to get an rv generator to install in an rv. 

Back
Top Bottom