Age of tires, mfr. codes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
I've watched the "RV Tires and You" ;) videos linked somewhere here, and know the basic principles of reading manufacturer codes... but when I'm staring at an actual tire and not watching the video, I seem to have trouble finding the right set of numbers and figuring it out.  For instance, take a look at the attached photo... that tire I photo'd was manufactured in the 26th week of 2002, correct?  Which makes them due for replacement in the next couple years.  The owner of the Barth (on which this tire was mounted) told me the tires were "new last year", and since it certainly doesn't appear that way I just want to make sure I'm reading things right.

Attachments

• tires.JPG
    tires.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 55
You're correct, those tires are over 4 years old.  The owner may have put them on last year, but they were 3 years old when he did.

I agree.  The tires are four years old.  The purchaser obviously didn't check the dates when he bought them.  A leason learned

jjhamick said:
I agree.  The tires are four years old.  The purchaser obviously didn't check the dates when he bought them.  A leason learned

For him and not me, luckily!  ;D  Thanks for the clarification fellas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom