AIMS 2000 Pure sine wave Inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Lou

AIMS 2000 mod# PWR1200012S

Has anyone had any experience with this or any product by these folks.

I fried my inverter on my Alaska trip and with all the trip expenses just don't have the cash to replace it with another expensive unit.

thanks in advance, lou

Not terribly impressed with it. No transfer relay or remote readouts or control, no battery charger. Has only two outlets and is not designed for permanent installation in an outside bay. Also, idle current is 40 watts (3.2 amps) - that's pretty high. Price is o.k. if you don't mind running extension cords all over and plugging/unplugging devices. Might be a problem getting decent 12v dc cables to the unit inside the MH as you want to keep them as short as possible.

Karl,

I was looking at this unit to replace an inexpensive (modified sinewave ) unit that I fried on my Alaska trip.  You may recall that you and I discussed my installation last spring when I installed the two additional 6 volt batteries.  I already have a transfer switch installed that allows this inverter to appear much like a permanent unit on selected circuits. I have a ventilated, yet water tight, compartment space wired with 3/0 cables so that's no problem either.  I also have a separate three stage battery charger so didn't want to spring for the expense of another complete integrated system.  I wouldn't do it this way again, but some of the equipment was "priced right" so I worked with what I had at hand.

With all that said, I agree with you, the idle current on the AIMS is very high and may be a capacity eater.  I'm just thinking that it may be an inexpensive way to step up to pure sinewave AC without changing out my entire system.  The only problem I experienced with my old unit (until I fried it) was a balky microwave.

Lou,

Yes, I did forget about our conversation. If you already have that stuff, it might be a very good buy. I still would add a remote on/off relay for convenience sake. My micro doesn't like modified sine wave either, but begrudgingly works - sort of, and I'll buy a small (600watt) sine wave inverter for the electric mattress pad and a few other picky devices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom