Air bag problem update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

We arrived safely at Cummins West in Bakersfield and spent last night at the hookups on their lot.  Nice facility.  the tech came out around 5 pm and crawled under the coach.  He verified that all the ride height adjusters were intact.  He says the problem is an out of alignment linkage at the passenger side front wheel.  I wanted him to be more precise but he was in a hurry and said he would talk with us this morning at 8 am.  It is 6 am now so hopefully we will have more to report later today.

If anyone knows what he is alluding to, feel free to chip in here with comments.

Smoky

Smoky

The ride height adjuster kind of works like a toilet flush mechanism. If it is set wrong, too much or too little water is added. In the case of the ride height adjuster, if it is set wrong, too much air or too little air is put back into the airbag. Apparantly the angle of your adjuster has changed so that air can escape faster than your compressor can replace it.

Thanks Bernie... and hopefully that sounds like a minor problem.  I am sitting in their lounge now using Verizon for the Internet.  They said they would give me an update as soon as they talk to Verizon.  I am also having some other routine maintenance done.  Figured since we have been kicked out of our home for awhile might save us from being kicked out again at some other time.

This is another place that will not allow you to wait inside your home, but everything else about this place is first class.

Turns out no parts were needed, a kind of freak accident.  Apparently somewhere in our travels we struck something and it flipped a linkage coming off the adjuster so that it turned over and was upside down.  A valve would close when it was supposed to open.  Bernie, you figured it out. 

The fix was done in 5 minutes.  So we went ahead and had routine servicing including fuel filters, transmission filter, oil change on the Onan genset, chassis lube, and a few other minor items.  This is a fantastic place and we will be coming here again.  I love that they have hookups and let you stay overnight.  Tomorrow we will be heading out at 8 am for Las Vegas.  Staying at the Holiday RV Resort on Nellis Ave near Sam's Town.

This spring, all we will need to do is stop at Massey Spartan for an engine oil change and our maintenance for the year is complete.  Wish Massey had overnight hookups.

Smoky

Glad you got it all fixed up so easily. Massey had to replace my rear air valve and both my front height adjusters. Luckily they were all covered under my extended warranty.

I don't think we'll ever see hookups at Massey. The location is right in the middle of a proposed expressway and it may take a couple of years before the layout is complete and more years to acquire the land, so I doubt if Massey would put any improvements in now.

Our home is not 15 miles away.  It is wherever we are parked.  :D 

Of course, this means that when our home goes into the shop, we have to find a nearby motel, unless they have evening hookups.  I envy your nearby alternate home. 

Smoky said:
Our home is not 15 miles away.  It is wherever we are parked.  :D 

Of course, this means that when our home goes into the shop, we have to find a nearby motel, unless they have evening hookups.  I envy your nearby alternate home. 

Smoky

You and Sharon are always welcome to spend a couple of nites at our HOME when you are leaving your coach at Massey.

Back
Top Bottom