Air conditioner compressor rattles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobTilley

I have two Airxcel 1500 BTU heat pump/air conditioners.  On one the compressor will start to rattle after running for two to three hours.  At first it is barley noticeable, but as time progresses it gets louder and louder.  I can even put my hand on the ceiling and feel the vibration.  I have checked and made sure that everything is snugged down tight on the roof.  Any ideas what could cause this problem?  Next month we will be traveling to South Padre Island, Texas, and I am afraid that the unit may go out while we are there.  It is hotter'n blue blazed down there in September.

BobTilley said:
I have two Airxcel 1500 BTU heat pump/air conditioners.  On one the compressor will start to rattle after running for two to three hours.  At first it is barley noticeable, but as time progresses it gets louder and louder.  I can even put my hand on the ceiling and feel the vibration.  I have checked and made sure that everything is snugged down tight on the roof.  Any ideas what could cause this problem?  Next month we will be traveling to South Padre Island, Texas, and I am afraid that the unit may go out while we are there.  It is hotter'n blue blazed down there in September.
Did you take the cover off the A/C and check to see if any of the motor mounts are loose.  Also you could take the cover off the A/C when the noise is there and try to see if you figure out what is causing the problem.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom