Air Conditioner/Internet not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thhr1127

Whenever I use my air conditioner, the internet stops working. As soon as I turn it off, the internet works again...Any reason why this is and what i can do as I work from home and this is causing problems!

How do you get internet?
what RV do you have?
where are you, RV park With wi-if?
what AC unit.

need more info.

Chances are it's some form of RFI (Radio Frequency Interference), but as mentioned above more information is needed. If you work from home, then is this air conditioning in a stick-and-brick house or in an RV? Is it wired internet or WiFi?

Fill us in, please.

It’s a 2019 forest river 27rei. I live at an rv park and pay for wifi through a company

How close is the WiFi antenna to the a/c? In some cases, the air conditioning motor can interfere with the WiFi signal. The only suggestion I've found is to move them further apart.

Plug your "wifi" into a different outlet that is on a different breaker, for starts. (Is it a router, hot spot, etc. etc.)

To interfere with a broadband RF signal operating in the GHz range is very unlikely. My first stab at it would be to power the router from a battery and show whether it's power or proximity related. Something to investigate would be if it's the wifi or data carrier side of the path that's failing. If the router/modem has status lights or a status pages you can access, observing those during normal operation and during the problem might reveal a clue.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom