Air conditioner thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyandDonna

Hello All,

Recently my front A/C went out during a weekend trip.  I have determined it to be the thermostat.  The A/C is a Coleman 8535 HP2 and the thermostat is a digital RVComfort.HP.  My problem is I cannot find that thermostat.  I've googled "rvcomfort," "rvproducts thermostat," "coleman rv thermostat," and any other phrase I can think of.  PPL Motorhomes came up, but it did not have the digital thermostat.  I called several local RV parts stores and they wanted about $70 for the RVComfort.HC thermostat which is the analog equivalent to what I have.  BTW, PPL offers this one for $36.

I actually have 2 questions.  First, where can I get the digital RVComfort.HP digital thermostat?  Second, if I can't find that thermostat, can I go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get any 12VDC thermostat?  Either option is acceptable.

Thanks,

Billy Crowell

Great minds think alike, huh?!  That's what I did and how I determined it was the thermostat.  I tried to call the Manufacturer, but they were closed.  I'll give them a call again tomorrow.  Thanks for the reply

Billy

Billy answer these questions:

How many wires to the 'stat  If it's 2, then odds are a generac from anywhere will work, 3 or more gets tougher

but does not rule out a generic working.

However try to find the proper replacement

NOTE: Digital stats are usually designed to switch 24vac and may not re-charge their internal batteries properly during the "off" cycle if powered by 12VDC, they may also not shut off at all

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I spoke with RV Products the day after posting this and they were able to refer me to a distributor in my area that I could not find on the net.  I got the exact same thermostat that I now have.  It cost me $70 plus tax.  Interestingly enough I called a local dealer that had the analog equivalent and they wanted almost exactly the same price.

Thanks again and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom