Air Dryer Location - 2003 ultimate Advantage 40K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybworld45

Afternoon all, '

I am new to this, I purchase a 2003 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40Kwith 18 thousand miles on it.  I have search all over for the location of the Air brake Dryer location.
I saw that the air dryer filters should be changed every 2 years.  I talked to the previous owner and he never knew that they should be changed.

If somebody can help me locate the Air Dryer filter ? or Canaster.    Look like the filters are a 1200 and 1800 filter number  screw on type

Thank in advance

Steve

[email protected]

Suggest you call Freightliner Custom Chassis (FCCC) with the last 6 digits of your VIN. They can tell you where it is and the appropriate filter number. They will probably give you a Freightliner Alliance part, but you can cross-reference that to other brands.

1-800-FTL-HELP
You are definitely due for a replacement, but as long as you aren't getting water when you pull the air tank drain lanyards, it's no worry.  But the former owner probably didn't know about the tank drains either.  They are probably tucked up under the front end somewhere.

It may well have been 18 years since anybody did more than an oil & filter change. If even that.  You may also need a new air filter, hydraulic fluid change, coolant change, chassis lube, etc.  If you are anywhere on the East Coast, I strongly suggest a visit to the FCCC factory service in Gafney, SC, and have them do a chassis maintenance update. They know what to check and how to do it, plus their labor rates are lower than most commercial shops and they work strictly to appointment.
https://www.fcccrv.com/parts-and-service/factory-service-center/

The air dryer canister is at 3d on the attached service diagram, on pax side rear.  It should go on from the top down rather than from underside up as the oil filter does.

Attachments

• ServicePoints.jpg
    ServicePoints.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ServiceAirDryer.jpg
    ServiceAirDryer.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 20
Since the coach, I assume,  has been sitting for a period of time I would suggest that you have the chassis completly lubricated to push out the old grease. Complete oil change, and a new fuel filter, treat the tank with diesel treatment. Run the generator with load and then service.

You have the Spartan chassis and they are very good at answering questions concerning the chassis. Call them a 800- 772- 3025, I think #2 give them the last 8 numbers of the VIN and they can bring up the unit and give you the information. I have asked some dumb questions and they always have given me the answer, some times with a chuckle.

Good luck you have purchased a terrific coach and will give many happy miles.
Stay Safe

The air dryer canister is at 3d on the attached service diagram, on pax side rear. It should go on from the top down rather than from underside up as the oil filter does.
Exactly!
cybworld45: Since the desiccant filter has never been replaced, I suggest replacing the entire Wabco air dryer unit. The valves in the dryer unit will need replacing anyway and the total cost of a new unit vs buying replacement parts and filter will likely be very close to the same amount.
BTW, since the air dryer was never serviced, I would pull the manual air tank lanyards to see if there is any moisture in the tanks; the automatic tank drains might not be working.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom