Air in my water system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimLorentzen

I just purchased a 2001 Dakota Terry (although model I am sure does not matter with this) and I am getting a lot of air in my water lines.  I have run about one tank (36 gallon) through it and it is worse in the shower - then the bathroom sink, stool and the kitchen sink is the best.

The pump does not run constantly and holds pressure.  Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Try tithtening the clamps(s) on the intake side of your water pump.

Woody

Tim,

Motor homes and trailers are like houses. You have to purge the air from each faucet individually, and it may take more water (time) for some than for others depending on the routing of the pipes. When we're on the road and switch from onboard water to park water, we must do the same thing to get rid of the air in the hose. It's normal - if you aren't getting air in from someplace else, like a loose fitting or clamp as Woody suggested. If you can figure out how the pipes are routed, 'bleed' the one nearest to the water tank first, then work your way to the one furthest from it - just like brakes on a car.

Before hooking up to park water, run the water to fill the hose, then connect the host to the RV.  That way you don't get as much air in the lines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom