Air pressure not coming up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Chet's post that he has 150,000 on his airbags with only one failure. I don't like GIB's advice that if one is bad, all are going bad and need changed, I have 10 airbags. GIB's advice may be spot on, but I still don't like the cost of changing all 10 at once. I might be more inclined to do one or two and see how it goes before I went whole hog.

bucks2:
Every situation warrants it's own decision . Mine was based on the advice of the mechanic signing the annual inspection on a work trailer and it was only four . Ten might be a different decision . I was under the impression he only had two. Maybe I reached that conclusion from the fact he had a spare.

I had 2 airbags of the 4 in the rear fail at 14 years/150,000 miles. I elected to replace the other 2 in the rear as well. The 4 front ones still looked good, the mechanic thought heat & weight may have caused the rear failures.

If your governor is easily accessible changing it is fairly inexpensive but Freightliner recommended bypassing the dryer first as it is the more common source of problems and cost nothing if you have the right fittings.

My rig is a 1997 Country Coach Allure 36' diesel pusher. What does the dryer look like? I have changed the governor. I only get my air to pump up to 100 lbs. The front bags seem to be full but no air is reaching the rear. I changed the spitter valve last year. I am thinking of running air fittings to the rear bag supply line and airing them up manually so I can move it.

Any help appreciated!
Jonathan Payne

My rig is a 1997 Country Coach Allure 36' diesel pusher. What does the dryer look like? I have changed the governor. I only get my air to pump up to 100 lbs. The front bags seem to be full but no air is reaching the rear. I changed the spitter valve last year. I am thinking of running air fittings to the rear bag supply line and airing them up manually so I can move it.

Any help appreciated!
Jonathan Payne
You need to start a new thread instead of hijacking a very old thread.

Back
Top Bottom