airbags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mroger18

would getting airbags and different tires help in pulling my travel trailer in my 2015 Ford F150

There's a lot of missing information there. ;) Primarily the length and loaded weight of your trailer, and the specific model/package your truck has that will dictate its towing capacity. Once we have all that math worked out, then airbags could be a supplemental item that will smooth out the towing process. But they will NOT increase your truck's payload (i.e. the cargo it can carry, including the downward-pushing tongue weight) nor the amount of weight your truck can tow.

First, Welcome to the Forum!

Two specific numbers I would like to see:
Yellow banner placard on the TRUCK driver door latch post which states ..maximum weight of passengers and cargo shall not exceed XXXX.
GVWR from the CAMPER, usually found on the outside left front corner or inside a kitchen cabinet door.

This will really help us give good advise instead of guessing.

Many years ago I put airbags on the rear of a half ton pickup to help level the load plus a weight distribution hitch.  Then a few months later went out and bought a 3/4 ton truck.

Save your money and go buy a bigger truck.

Air bags are used to restore the ride height if you have too much sag.  They are just an additional spring.

Back
Top Bottom