Airships to provide Broadband Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
There was a program on the Discovery channel showing the construction of an airship being built for use to provide broadband internet service.  Se the a portion of the discovery video at:  http://www.exn.ca/video/?video=exn20050425-blimp.asx

More information on this proposed system can be found at http://www.sanswire.com/intro.htm

Interesting concept if they can make it work at an affordable cost.

Thanks for posting that Ron. Very interesting.

Ron said:
There was a program on the Discovery channel showing the construction of an airship being built for use to provide broadband internet service.

What a very clever way to disguise a spy vehicle.  They can have an airship over every major city in the country and the internet hungry public will love them.  I would love to see what kind of pictures they collect while cruising over the city.  Much more friendly looking than black helicopters.  ;D

Phil

What a very clever way to disguise a spy vehicle.

I thought that was Fred's reply, but I know he is off line.!!  Glad there is someone who thinks like him to take his place when he is not available!! 

Phil,

>>I would love to see what kind of pictures they collect while cruising over the city.  Much more friendly looking than black helicopters.<<

I don't think your being paranoid, just realistic.

Our new plant has 16 digital cameras fed into a DVR/computer so I can review any activity or even watch from home! (and they think I don't know whats happening when I'm not at the office!) I wish I could have gotten the cameras with remote pan/tilt/zoom, but it was too expensive,

I was at a new housing development today that had at least 4 security posts. Each was fenced (4x8) with a generator and a tall pole with 4 to 5 cameras on it. I assume they had a wireless or laser transmisson device to a central recorder.

ken

Lots of cameras out there with IP addresses.? There are searches you can do in Google that will turn up hundreds of them, all unsecured.? There are some interesting views out there :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom