Alaska RV parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rdoc

We will be traveling in Alaska in Summer 2007.  I am interested in any campground recommendations in the Denali area and the Seward - Tern Lake Junction - Cooper Landing areas.  We'll have 6+ people and are interested in places with showers, electricity, water, etc.

We spent last summer in Alaska and you can read our trip log here that contains our reports on the campgrounds we stayed in.  At Denali, we stayed in the Denali Riverside RV Park, about 2 miles from the entrance to Denali.  I believe they had showers, and we had 30A electric and water.  In Seward, we stayed at Stoney Creek RV Park with full hookups.

If you search the Trip Reports section in the library you'll find other reports of Alaskan travels.

In Seward, there can be no better spot than the municipal campground which sets on the edge of resurrection bay. Reasonable price and scenery unbeatable. We did not find any nice parks around Denali, however, if you are selfcontained you can stop anywhere and be in an unbelieveable beautiful spot. Several roadside pulloffs where you can set up camp. Hope you are fortunate for the mountain to be out while you are there--one of God's most beautiful displays. Good luck/

The municipal campground in Seward is very nice, and has fantastic views, but no showers or other amenities.

There's a private park on the outskirts of Seward, but I forget its name. Shouldn't be hard to narrow it down cause there aren't a lot of choices in Seward. Decent enough by Alaskan standards but perhaps a bit shabby for the lower 48. It does have a shower and laundry, though. Full hook-ups too.

There's a private park on the outskirts of Seward, but I forget its name. Shouldn't be hard to narrow it down cause there aren't a lot of choices in Seward. Decent enough by Alaskan standards but perhaps a bit shabby for the lower 48.

Gary's right about the private park.  We stayed in one there and were not impressed, but when we checked in we didn't know about the municipal park.  In addition, the private park was too far away from the town and things we wanted to do.  But what we remember most is the idiot parked in the site next to us who had gas cans (yes, plural) in the back of his truck and he was filling his truck way too close to our propane tank.  He told Jerry he brought his gas from the U.S. because he'd heard it was too expensive in Alaska!!  We truly wished he wasn't within a mile of us, but we all survived in spite of him.  Next time we'll stay at the municipal park where the view is great and the site significantly more pleasant.

ArdraF

We stayed at Stoney Creek RV Park a few miles out of Seward and found it was very nice.  One of the better parks in AK in fact.  But there was major highway construction between the campground and town that we had to contend with each day.

I had forgotten about Stoney Creek - it was full when we were there. Nice looking place. The one I'm talking about is (I think) Bear Creek Park. I don't have my logs handy to check, though.

Seward has a variety of private and public RV sites available.  You can contact their visitor center at seward.com for some listings.  The private parks are all outside of town, at least a few miles from any attractions and restaurants. The City Waterfront Park mentioned in other posts is prime real estate for the view and proximity to both the small boat harbor and historic downtown.  While some sites are dry, there are public showers there, as well as electric and water hookups in several sections of the Park.  A dump station is also located nearby.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom