Alaska without a toad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ina5er

ALASKA!!! We no longer have our own rig, but we're planning a 5-week trip to Alaska next summer (2 adults, 2 kids). We?ll be flying there and renting a class C for most of the time. We will not have a toad.

Question for those who have been: We?re torn between renting a 25? or 30? class C. Price difference is negligible. Longer one would give us a couch and big windows on both sides. However, we?re concerned about 30? with no toad? parking at parks, grocery, laundromat, etc, so we?re thinking the 25?. But then we wouldn?t have a couch and the kids could only see out one side while we?re driving.

Those of you who?ve RV?d in Alaska, what do you think? Do we need the nimbleness of the 25?, or is Alaska so RV friendly that the 30? would be fine with no toad? TIA!

We go up every other year for the summer. I have seen thousands of the Class C Rentals ranging from 25 to 30 feet. In my conversations with the campers, none have complained that they could not find a place to park.

Ken

Having just returned from AK in our 40 footer, I can say we absolutely needed a towed. But if you are renting and are concerned about getting around then of course the smaller the RV the more places you can go. You will have no problem finding a place for the night regardless of your size, but just know that maneuvering a larger RV in a parking lot for groceries and to take a tour or just to go out to eat will be a challenge wherever you are.
Evaluate your comfort level, and know the larger the RV the less choices you have, and choose accordingly. The fact that you are in AK does not change the equation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom