Alfa 'See Ya'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrits

We're finally getting serious about changing the fiver to a motor home.  We think we would like one about 34 -36 feet, as it looks as if we're going to be 'part timers' for a while spending half the time in Vegas and the rest on the road.

We went to the RV show in Las Vegas yesterday.  Quite a small show, but there were a couple we quite liked and will probably test drive them next week.

We liked the new 34 ft Allegro which has a front mounted 300 hp diesel engine and a 5000 wat generator.  We also like the See Ya, 36 foot which has a great layout.  However we know nothing about the See Ya's.

Any input will be welcomed.

Thanks

Dennis & Peggy.

PS. missed Quartzite.  Had the grandkids over and caught something unspeakable which grounded us.

Peggy

Everyone I've talked to with an Alpha really likes it.

The Allegro products have a very good reputation. ?However I can't say the same about the See-Ya. ?I have heard more bad comments than good from owners. ?I fact just as recent as yesterday. ?When we looked at on with another couple just shortly after they came out none of us were favorably impressed.

Hi Dennis & Peggy,

The dealership where I work part time just got the new Allergro front diesel. Don't know anything about it yet. I guess I'll learn this summer. I'll try to get the service manager to tell me what he thinks about it. My first concern would be the engine noise. I've driven their gas models and though the noise is substantially less than it used to be it still isn't as quiet as the diesel pushers. I'd take a looong test drive in both the gas and diesel to compare the level of noise.

We have had Allegros for a couple of years and they seem to be good sellers. As with all rigs, they do have their common problems. I know nothing about the Alfa See Ya.

Jim Dick said:
Hi Dennis & Peggy,

" I'd take a looong test drive in both the gas and diesel to compare the level of noise. "

We certainly will.  We're just beginning to get serious (again).  As we'll be likely 'part timing', at least for a while we've decided on less expensive and smaller models than before.  Any suggestions as to what we should be looking at?

We're enjoying Las Vegas, but are really missing the season at Willow Lakes.  Lots going on and prices seem to be booming.

Ron said:
The Allegro products have a very good reputation. ?However I can't say the same about the See-Ya. ?I have heard more bad comments than good from owners. ?I fact just as recent as yesterday. ?When we looked at on with another couple just shortly after they came out none of us were favorably impressed.

Good to know, Ron.  I really liked the layout of the one we looked at, but of course it didn't have the high end quality of the Monacos and Eagles.  Any suggestions as to what else we might look at?

I too have heard much against See Ya. ?"Have 2 friends both having a dickens of a time getting them repaired and straightened out.
Too many things go wrong ?Great designs, looks great, good quality poor workmanship. ?Very poor in most cases that I have talked to people that have them.

thebrits said:
Good to know, Ron.? I really liked the layout of the one we looked at, but of course it didn't have the high end quality of the Monacos and Eagles.? Any suggestions as to what else we might look at?

I had quite an ear full when I asked the guy parked just a couple spots over in an Alfa See Ya.  Not a very happy camper.

Have you looked at Newmar, American Tradition, Fleetwood Excursion or Expedition, or any of the Allegro coaches.  Have heard a lot of good remarks about Allegro and of course we are very happy with the Eagle and those I know that have the Tradition like them too.

Happy Hunting.

Hi Peggy & Dennis,

We miss not having you here in FL. Weather has been pretty good most of the winter. Yesterday I was in shorts but it was only in the 50's today. Guess a couple of days of cool weather isn't too bad. Prices here are getting so ridiculous I just might sell to make a profit. :) We do like it so I'm sure we'll hold on for awhile. Besides, all prices are going up so I don't know where we'd go if we did sell.

I think the Allegro line is pretty good and I know they have a great relationship with their customers. There are others including Fleetwood, Newmar, etc. I did send a message to our service manager but he won't get it until tomorrow. We'll see what he has to say about the front diesel. Obviously you'll get more for your money if you can find a good used rig. Keep asking the questions here about whatever you have in mind.

Tiffin gets great marks for after sale service.? I've been burned by the biggest.? I vote for a Tiffin product.
Joe Bee

thebrits said:
.? We also like the See Ya, 36 foot which has a great layout.? However we know nothing about the See Ya's.

Any input will be welcomed.

Thanks

Dennis & Peggy.

The See-Ya's have had some real problems. I followed the owners web site BB for awhile and last time I looked (some time ago) a group of owners were petitioning the founder to get involved in a series of problems. It seemed to be a group who weren't just bitching but who liked there rigs and sincerely wanted the management to solve some real vexing problems.

Hi Peggy & Dennis,

The following is the answer from the service manager. Hope it helps.

Jim

******************************************************************************************

JIM
I'VE DRIVEN ONE AND AT IDLE IT'S A LITTLE NOISY. BUT WHEN YOU GET TO
CRUISING SPEED IT SEEMS QUIETER THAN A LOT OF GASOLINE ENGINES.IT COULD USE
A LITTLE MORE POWER. HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE NEVER DRIVEN MANY OTHERS IT
WOULDN'T BE NOTICED.

Jim Dick said:
Hi Peggy & Dennis,

Thanks, Jim.  We'll take another look at it this week and hopefully have a test drive.

The following is the answer from the service manager. Hope it helps.

Jim

******************************************************************************************

JIM
I'VE DRIVEN ONE AND AT IDLE IT'S A LITTLE NOISY. BUT WHEN YOU GET TO
CRUISING SPEED IT SEEMS QUIETER THAN A LOT OF GASOLINE ENGINES.IT COULD USE
A LITTLE MORE POWER. HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE NEVER DRIVEN MANY OTHERS IT
WOULDN'T BE NOTICED.

The Alfa's look great inside but when we were looking at them we were told that they were a electrical nightmare...Can't tell you from personal experience though just going by what we were told.

Peggy,

I've been thinking, if you're not going to be driving a lot you might want to seriously look at the gas models. It's obvious the oil companies have discovered the increased use of diesel fuel and have compensated by raising the prices higher than any of the gas options. :mad: I doubt that will ever change now unless everyone abandons diesel vehicles.

Jim Dick said:
I've been thinking, if you're not going to be driving a lot you might want to seriously look at the gas models.

Jim,

Not being in the market for a MH in over 6 years, I haven't kept up. What is the GVWR or CCC on gas models? Is it large enough for a full timer? I know it used to be that "fulltimers" wanted the diesel as much, or more, for the weight carring capacity as they did for the fuel economy.

Don,

From what I've heard, not experienced, is the new chassis are very comparable to some of the diesels. I think Gary might have a better idea of what is available today. MUCH better than they used to be and quite a bit quieter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom