All things Tesla!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about the reports of folk getting no heat in cold temperatures?
The Tesla uses a heat pump system I'm told.. and can go over well over 30 hours and still have motive power if starting with a full charge... How good the heat pump system is. (What the low temp cut off is) I do not know.. I'd want a combustion type aux heat here in MI.

Okay, you guy didn't like my classic truck with the Tesla drivetrain swapped in, so how about a Tesla with a 6.0l LS swapped in?

FYI, the guy who did this also builds EVs out of ICE vehicles.

What about the reports of folk getting no heat in cold temperatures?
Definitely an issue. Apparently the front flap by the windshield that opens and closes can freeze open in certain conditions. The cold air blows by a sensor, the sensor declares an error and the car shuts off the heat pump. There are close to 80 vehicles reporting this problem now, usually in temps below minus 25. Not good. We have been lucky so far but that’s probably because we have only been out maybe twice in the last few weeks in those temps.

We have an owners group of about 40 people in our little town. At least one indicated a problem and maybe two.

The whole problem started with a software upgrade at Christmas. Tesla pushed a software upgrade last night. We haven’t got it yet and haven’t heard from anyone else if they got it. Hope it gets sorted out. We have a long road trip coming in about two weeks. Cmon boys. Gitterdun.

The whole problem started with a software upgrade at Christmas.
IMO, Tesla has too many updates. Problems will always come and go with Tesla because of that. Each update effects different cars differently.

My backup camera didn't work after one update and my screen would crash after another update. Both were fixed at the next update.

-Don- Tifton, GA

IMO, Tesla has too many updates. Problems will always come and go with Tesla because of that. Each update effects different cars differently.

My backup camera didn't work after one update and my screen would crash after another update. Both were fixed at the next update.

-Don- Tifton, GA
I kinda like them. I get that woohoo feeling when the notification shows up on the phone. But I hear ya. Change is good but getting used to the changes every month or two can sometimes be a little annoying.

Having said that, our car has received some very cool updates in the last couple years.

Having said that, our car has received some very cool updates in the last couple years.
One thing I learned was to read what the updates do--every time.

I still remember when I wanted to use the navigation system mic to find a place. To find no mic anywhere on the screen. So, I couldn't even use it.

What happened is the previous update took the mic off the screen and put it on the steering wheel. A MUCH better location for it--but only if I know!

BTW, I wonder how many messages it will take for this Tesla thread to turn to non-Tesla vehicles. :)

-Don-

One thing I learned was to read what the updates do--every time.

I still remember when I wanted to use the navigation system mic to find a place. To find no mic anywhere on the screen. So, I couldn't even use it.

What happened is the previous update took the mic off the screen and put it on the steering wheel. A MUCH better location for it--but only if I know!

BTW, I wonder how many messages it will take for this Tesla thread to turn to non-Tesla vehicles. :)

-Don-
LOL. 😊

One of the several things that pushed me to Mac computers from PCs was the near constant updates from Microsoft.
I hear ya. One of our neighbours has a policy of only updating his car twice a year. Seems to work for him. It’s always a choice.

Look who starts the thread drift here already! Not even EV related! All the way from Tesla to Microsoft!o_O

And only took 13 messages!

-Don- Tifton, GA
Off topic or thread drift has always meant anyone that brings up anything that is not 100 percent unquestioned Tesla. The comment was very relevant to the discussion at hand. You are dependent on frequent software updates to use your vehicle. We have already read that the updates can restrict the use of your Tesla. Frankly this is not about recalls on ICE vehicles, which normally you can still drive and use when you get a letter or notification to bring in your vehicle for an upgrade.

I have had two recalls on my hybrid, which only caused my blind spot cameras to quit working and stopped my lane assist feature to quit working. The other one only dealt with the heater control mechanism that controlled seperate ac-heat selector feature.

Off topic or thread drift has always meant anyone that brings up anything that is not 100 percent unquestioned Tesla. The comment was very relevant to the discussion at hand. You are dependent on frequent software updates to use your vehicle. We have already read that the updates can restrict the use of your Tesla. Frankly this is not about recalls on ICE vehicles, which normally you can still drive and use when you get a letter or notification to bring in your vehicle for an upgrade.

I have had two recalls on my hybrid, which only caused my blind spot cameras to quit working and stopped my lane assist feature to quit working. The other one only dealt with the heater control mechanism that controlled seperate ac-heat selector feature.
No. You misunderstand. Teslas are not dependant on software updates. Teslas receive new features or improvements thru over the air downloads. If I had turned off my auto updates two years ago my car would be exactly the same as it was two years ago. Instead I have new security features, improved audio, higher performance, better efficiency etc. It is the drivers choice if he wants updates.

I have noticed that sometimes we may take one step forward and two steps back with some upgrades. That is usually corrected on the next version. Works pretty slick.

I get that not everybody likes the techy side of things. For those people it’s best to just select a vehicle that will be the same as you bought it 10 years later. Nothing wrong with that.

Cheers.

We have already read that the updates can restrict the use of your Tesla.
I can refuse every update and the car will be exactly like it was the day I purchased it.

In some cases, that would have been a good idea . . ..

Some updates just cause confusion when things change for the "better".

Sometimes I think the updates are just for somebody to keep their job at Tesla.

-Don- Tifton, GA

Back
Top Bottom