Aluminum siding - how to replace a damaged panel? material suppliers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shmuck2002

Hi guys, I had an unfortunate run-in with high winds on our last outting, that resulted in one of the panels on my trailer being damaged. The wind managed to work one of the panels just loose enough on the front edge, catch under it, and pulled it out several feet. Roadside, I was able to duct tape it back in place, and drove slowly through the gusty Palm Springs winds.

Once home, I went to work on it, but the damaged panel will have to be replaced - its dented and kinked, and looks like I got hit by a truck or something! Where can I purchase a new panel (other than a dealer, they are $$$$)? Does anyone here live in Southern CA and know where I can find a supplier? it seems the shipping is what will be the killer on that.  I called up Giant RV, in Colton, CA who does repairs - and they advised me I'd be looking at a couple hundred in materials (gulp... but, okay...) and roughly 7 hours of labor at $96/hour. Yikes... this is sounding like a thousand dollar repair very quickly. no good! Advice? Ideas? Experience? I'm perfectly capable of doing the repair if I can get the materials!!

Joe

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but here's an illustrated article on how a forum member helped repair a friend's fiberglass trailer sidewall using aluminum.

[edit]Link update[/edit]

I dont know why Insurance never occured to me.. duh! Yes I have insurance, I'll have to check my policy tonight to see if I have comp, and what the deductable is. I'll check out that fiberglass repair site too, thanks guys!!

Back
Top Bottom