American Eagle - Travel Supreme Select

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry

Hello

We are considering buying our first RV.  We are jumping in  head first and buying a motorhome.  We have narrowed our search to American Eagle or Travel Supreme Select.  Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about either of these units. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry,

We have both American Eagle and Travel Supreme owners here as active members.  I'll let them give you their opinions on the two models.  My only contribution is the new Eagle has the old whale hump again, but this time it goes across the full front of the coach.  It's a personal opinion if this is a good or bad feature :)

We have an American Eagle (1999) that we bought new.  American Coach service has always been outstanding.  We just an't say enough about the after sales support provided by American Coach.  Bottom line if we were to ever buy another motorhome it would be an American Coach product.

Larry said:
Hello

We are considering buying our first RV.  We are jumping in  head first and buying a motorhome.  We have narrowed our search to American Eagle or Travel Supreme Select.  Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about either of these units. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Good choices. Have you considered a new or used Bluebird Wanderlodge?

Regards,
Liz

Well, maybe not be an absurd question as Sven suggests, but those are both outstanding coaches and most RVers would consider them rigs "to die for".  While any rig can be a lemon - even top of the line models - you ought to be happy with either one of them.  The choice between the two is a matter of personal taste.

We've had our TS for 3 1/2 years and still love it. And still haven't seen a coach that we would buy instead. There is a very slight difference in the Spartan chassis between the Eagle and the TS and I think the TS setting gives better handling.

Bernie,

If the Eagle is an '05 the chassis is a Liberty manufactured by Fleetwood with Spartan clips front and rear. I would imagine the setup would be different than even the older Eagles. :)

Jim Dick said:
Bernie,

If the Eagle is an '05 the chassis is a Liberty manufactured by Fleetwood with Spartan clips front and rear. I would imagine the setup would be different than even the older Eagles. :)

Jim

I was at Spartan's factory last year when they were building the Liberty chassis for Ameican and was talking with the Spartan suspension design engineer. The difference that I refer to (1 ride height levelor in front, 2 in rear, vs the opposite in the Spartan design) is still spec'd by American.

Bernie,

I am guessing you were looking at the older Spartan chassis. I think I remember AC telling us the front and rear clips are shipped tied together. They said is was quite comical looking since there is no frame between. Then AC huck bolts the clips to their frame. Also, there was initially, not sure if it's still true, an option to have Freightliner clips instead of Spartan.

BernieD said:
Jim

I was at Spartan's factory last year when they were building the Liberty chassis for Ameican and was talking with the Spartan suspension design engineer. The difference that I refer to (1 ride height levelor in front, 2 in rear, vs the opposite in the Spartan design) is still spec'd by American.

I think they only used that configuration for one year and later modified the chassis to put the levelers in front.  I know of at least one American Coach owner that had this modification done.  Ours are in front and came that way.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my post.  To clear up a couple questions, we are considering the purchase of a new MH.  We will be

"semi-full time" for a while.  About 2 to 3 months out at a time.  One response from an American Eagle owner said that the after sale service was

very good and they would purchase another Eagle.  This was what I wanted to know.  Just because a product is expensive does not mean it

is of  high quality and that the factory will stand behind their product.  "Every knows that the way you tell if a salesman is lying - you see if his lips

are moving."  This is not always the case, but it is nice to hear from an owner about their experiences.  If they would buy the same brand again

then that is a very good recommendation.

Again THANKS to all for your responses.

Sincerely,
Larry

Always glad to help Larry.? I don't really have many of the 100k miles at the wheel.? Sam love driving the Eagle and has become very possessive of the drivers position.? She picked up on Betty's designation of pink jobs and blue jobs.? Outside jobs are blue jobs inside jobs are pink jobs.? Sam points out that the driver seat is inside.? I might have maybe 2500 mile behind the wheel of the Eagle.? Yes Sam does the parking and has managed to amaze some how well she can put the Eagle in some pretty tight spots

While we did not buy one, both the Travel Surpreme and the American Eagle ended very high up on our personal rating list after two years of research.  It is not often we have someone come on this forum with those two choices at the outset of their research.  IMO you are doing a good job of research!

Back
Top Bottom