An interesting find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edjunior

I use my 5th wheel as an extra bedroom when my kids are in town.  Well, they showed up for the 4th of July, and we got the camper ready.  When we turned on the AC, it sounded horrible.  It worked, but sounded bad, and you could see it shaking and vibrating from the ground.  When I finally got the time to look at it (in the evening when it cooled off), I popped the cover off, and there were 2 wasp nests, and one huge dirt dauber nest on the fan itself.  The dirt dauber next was causing the fan to turn out of balance.  It's all cleaned up now, Mama dirt dauber is a bit angry, and the AC works and sounds like it should.

I had that happen to a squirrelcage blower in a standby transmitter once.  Turned on the rig after it had been sitting unused for several months and the transmitter building instantly filled with angry displaced wasps.  I quickly vacated the premises and had to wait several hours before things calmed down enough to let me get back into the building.

Lou Schneider said:
I had that happen to a squirrelcage blower in a standby transmitter once.  Turned on the rig after it had been sitting unused for several months and the transmitter building instantly filled with angry displaced wasps.  I quickly vacated the premises and had to wait several hours before things calmed down enough to let me get back into the building.

How did you finally evict the unhappy occupants?

My wife got a similar surprise when she went to remove the slide awning "tents" a month or so ago in Texas.  I'd wasp proofed the fridge, water heater and furnace so they decided that living under our bedroom slide awning would do in a pinch.

Wives can move faster than we thought.

How did you finally evict the unhappy occupants?

Slash and burn, take no prisoners.  A mist of soapy water in the direction of any fliers outside the nest disabled their wings as soon as it made contact and they fell to the floor mid-flight.  Then a swift application of the sole of my shoe before their wings dried out.

Once the air was cleared, a blast from a propane torch took care of the nest itself and anything remaining inside.  Then it was just a matter of cleaning up the debris.

Frizlefrak said:
So can husbands.  I've been known to move at high velocity when being pursued by things that fly and sting.    ;D

Sounds like my wife's comments last year - she said she liked my "dance" across the yard when I hit a nest of ground bees with the weedeater!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom