Anderson Leveler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GLOtto

If you have a TT with 2 axles and use the Anderson Leveler, do you need to have one under each axle or is 1 leveler sufficient?

Yes, you need two. They are wonderful! Much faster than the blocks. We did have to shorten them a bit for our specific axle set, but the instructions are easy to follow if needed.

The Andersen levelers do look convenient, but so far I haven't been able to bring myself to spend $90 on a couple curved ramps... compared to the maybe $20 I have invested in the numerous boards and rubber stall mat strips I otherwise use for leveling.

I might change my mind eventually.  ;)  Or I'll wait until the Andersen patent expires, and then Camco will probably come out with an identical products for half the price!

scottydl said:
The Andersen levelers do look convenient, but so far I haven't been able to bring myself to spend $90 on a couple curved ramps... compared to the maybe $20 I have invested in the numerous boards and rubber stall mat strips I otherwise use for leveling.

I might change my mind eventually.  ;)  Or I'll wait until the Andersen patent expires, and then Camco will probably come out with an identical products for half the price!

X2, and I'd like to see them a little Wider. Seems like they're not distributing the weight across the tire (ply's) width like it should be ?

scottydl said:

Look at it like this....when you get ready to level your trailer, you place two items on the ground (get out of the truck one time and back in the truck)  When you are ready to leave, pull forward a foot or so, get out of the truck and back in, one time.  I have also combined the Anderson levelers with the Level Mate Pro....easy peasy!

I don't doubt that the convenience factor is there.  Generally I choose low cost over increased convenience, so that's the hurdle for me.

xrated said:
Look at it like this....when you get ready to level your trailer, you place two items on the ground (get out of the truck one time and back in the truck)  When you are ready to leave, pull forward a foot or so, get out of the truck and back in, one time.  I have also combined the Anderson levelers with the Level Mate Pro....easy peasy!

I'm on the same line of thinking xrated. I've got 2 "pads" made of 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood, laminated together, making them 1.5"H x 14"L x 10"W..  I'd say 90+% of the time they level our 5r, side to side to within dead-on level. I can tweak it some, if needed, with some 3/8" pieces. Pull-up/Back-up.. on'm.. dun deal.

I made these up, 3 FW's ago.. sealed & painted'm.. put grab handles on'm..  still in perfect condition. 

Brings me back to the $90 bucks.. and the Width thing ? (if it ain't broke.. don't fix it)  :) ;)

NOT bashing the Andersen's.. Jus' say'n

I have them and are worth the money, specially if you move frequently from one place to another.  If you are staying for a month or so in the same place, then boards are ok.

scottydl said:
I don't doubt that the convenience factor is there.  Generally I choose low cost over increased convenience, so that's the hurdle for me.

My father in law is a "frugal spender" as well. He made a template of one of my Andersen levelers then built his own out of wood. Works the same for a fraction of the price.

We're happy with ours.  We have a big level on the front of the camper, so I pull forward while watching the bubble.  I call it my "poor man's power leveling system."

GR 'Scott' Cundiff said:
We're happy with ours.  We have a big level on the front of the camper, so I pull forward while watching the bubble.  I call it my "poor man's power leveling system."

Check out the LevelMate Pro

Back
Top Bottom