Anderson's pea soup - Santa Nella Village CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it is a little out of the way but there is a great RV park in Lompoc. It is ran by the city and is right next to a flower field and the city park. Only $15.00 p/n w/e/s. Stayed there last year while visinting family. Going back again this year. 

OK, We're sitting at Flying Flags in Buellton.  Good Campground and the Andersen's Pea Soup was top notch.  Sorry Carl, my wife order the Chardonny instead of the red wine.  Still very good.  I'm a happy camper ;D

Carl,
It's a very neat area and an excellent location suggestion for a rally.  A fellow camper that spends about six months at this campground told us about a "know only to locals" beach near Lompoc that I hope to check out.  It seems there are lots of things to see and do in the area.  Your directions for by-passing LA were helpful.  It's not that LA traffic is so bad, it's just that there is too much of it! We're thinking of heading up toward Morrow Bay later in the week, then taking Highway 46 east to I-5.  Any suggestions as to road conditions, places to stay, things to see around Morrow Bay would be appreciated. We definitely want to see Hearst Castle.  I'm trying to decide if we will leave the trailer here in Buellton and make day trips or find another campground near Morrow Bay later in the week.

There are several good campgrounds in Moro bay but I don't remember the names.  Trailer Life Campground Directory is a good source for them.  There is also a State, I think, campground just north of Cambria.  we stayed there but it was a while ago.  :-((  Really enjoyed Cambria although it is pricey.  G

Lowell said:
Carl,
Your directions for by-passing LA were helpful. It's not that LA traffic is so bad, it's just that there is too much of it! We're thinking of heading up toward Morrow Bay later in the week, then taking Highway 46 east to I-5.

Any suggestions as to road conditions, places to stay, things to see around Morrow Bay would be appreciated. We definitely want to see Hearst Castle. I'm trying to decide if we will leave the trailer here in Buellton and make day trips or find another campground near Morrow Bay later in the week.

Morro Bay has a number of parks, none very memorable except for the state park which has a CG in a lovely logepole pine grove.? Lean on services tho, best to check Trailer Life or Woodalls to see what is there now.? ?There is a lot to see in the area: Morro Rock, Morro Bay, Monta?a de Oro State Park, Cambria, the Hearst Castle at San Simeon.? ?Mission San Miguel and, especially San Antonio de Padua on Ft. Hunter Ligget.? See the latter by taking the Nacimiento Road from CA-1 over the mountains and down to the mission thru the Nacimiento River Valley.? Gorgeous drive but do not try to tow over it.

It is worth while moving the trailer to Morro.

Were home now again but we really enjoyed this trip to the central California Coastal area.  We could not believe the shear numbers of wineries and produce fields that we saw.  The the town of Solvang was neat, made me fell like I was back in Europe.  At Morro Bay, we enjoyed the ocean views and some great fresh sea food.  I think the highlight was the visit to the Hearst Castle. Or was it the 17 mile drive around Carmel?  Maybe it was the scenic drive on CA-1 between Morro Bay and the Monterey peninsula.  I was also happy with the towing fuel mailage this trip, 11.9 mpg.  Guess were ready to go again!

Yes, the Danish community of Solvang is a neat place to visit. Around Christmas time all those small shops are lit up for the festive season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom