Another entrant in the toilet paper topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8671656/

Probably another overpriced solution to a non-problem  :-\

Ned said:

Probably another overpriced solution to a non-problem? :-\

Yes they make all this hype over something that isn't really a problem.  I suspect Scotts or Angle Soft disolves just as fast.

Steve said:
Hey Ron!

Where can I get some of that Angle Soft toilet paper?  Sounds like just the ticket! ;D ;D

We use Angel Soft and Pat buys it at Family Dollar. It should be obtainable at grocery stores as well but Family Dollar has a handy four pack where others package in larger quantities.

Someday I will get in trouble at the dealership. I tell all new owners not to buy the RV stuff and explain the TP test. If the owner ever found out I might be out of a job but I just can't sit by and let people waste their hard earned money.

Steve said:
Hey Ron!

Where can I get some of that Angle Soft toilet paper?? Sounds like just the ticket! ;D ;D
You can usually get it at Walmart or most anywhere toilet paper is sold.  We usually use Scott single ply but either is good.

Only time we ever had a problem with "clogging" had nothing to do with the toilet paper. It had to do with me cleaning the tube below the toilet bowl with a toilet brush and having the brush head fall off and drop into the tank. Oops. Several years (yes, years) later, Mike decided to get it out because it had jammed against the exit from the tank. He couldn't get it out. He tried reaching up the drain pipe but his arm was too big sooooooooo he asked me to try. Silly me. I reached up the pipe and managed to get the brush but it took me FOUR DAYS and SIX SHOWERS plus several other washings to get the smell off my arm. ICK.

Wendy

To read all about the TP test, click the Library button above, then click Miscellaneous and select Toilet paper test results.

Ned said:

Probably another overpriced solution to a non-problem? :-\

Here's my own research. I installed an RV SANI_CON macerator model 588 (the one that is sold as an option on some Monaco MH's) The three inch hose feeding the macerator comes with a clear connection. We have used Thetford Augua 2-Ply for a long time (6 yrs). When emptying the black tank I could clearly see this toilet paper come through as big clumps - not dissolved as I would understand the word. The packaging says "FAST DISSOLVING".  The macerator handles this seemingly very easily but I'll be looking for an alternative at next purchase.

BTW - this unit is advertised that it can lift 20 feet in elevation and 350 ft long. My present location required 70+ ft with an elevation of maybe 4-5 ft. It handles it nicely. The 21 ft hose supplied fits in a box just 5 in square and about 10 inches long.

The macerator handles this seemingly very easily but I'll be looking for an alternative at next purchase.

Scotts.  Cheap.  Available most anywhere.  Works just fine.  Use it at home and in the trailer.

We have been using Angel Soft for a long time and have had no problems with it. ?We do the test about once a year or two just to make sure that the manufacture hasn't changed the formula for making it. ?Thetford is a waste of money and we have never used it even when we had a boat.

I would recommend you refrain from using the expensive Thetford TP.  I highly recommend Scotts single ply or Angel Soft, We have been using Scotts for quite a while and Angel Soft befor that.  Frankly speaking Thetford products are not welcome in our Eagle.

Back
Top Bottom