Another necomer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernerGran

Good afternoon to all,

I have just registered and am delighted to be on board. I am BernerGran, because we are owned by two Bernese Mountain dogs, and am the grandmother of one little boy.

My husband and I have been rv'ing since 1972 when we bought our first rv in the form of a Coachman 21' travel trailer. That served us well until we traded it for a Coachman 23' Mini-Motorhome. Along the way our son and daughter were born, so it went literally from car beds to college.

We were most blessed to be able to raise our children through rv'ing. If anyone is considering this, do it - you will never regret it! Our son, who is now 26 and married says he learned to read a road map riding shotgun with his dad on all our month long trips! Such a great memory. Our daughter is married and our grandson belongs to her and her husband. He had his first trip at 8 months. Gotta break them in early! Our daughter, the oldest was in our trailer at 3 weeks. She is now 32.

What a great life. Last year we finally gave a loving send-off to the coachman (our son wanted to keep the passenger seat) :-[. We purchased a used 34 1/2 foot National Sea Breeze on a bus chassis. What a delight!

Now that we are gearing up on retirement, we plan to travel extensively, though not full time.  Got to be here with that baby, you know. We have already had a 5 week trip to the east coast, and are getting ready for our next 4 weeks away in August. We have several other multi week trips planned this year, and possibly a month in Florida in January!

We use our units for going to dog shows, and visiting family and friends. We consider ourselves tremendously blessed to have afforded ourselves such a lifestyle.

If I have missed anything - tag, you're it!

Best to all,
BernerGran

BernerGran

Welcome to our forum. Glad to have you aboard and interested to read about your RVing experience. Anything and everything you can share with others here will be very welcome.

Hi BernerGran and welcome to the RV Forum.  We are delighted to see you here and hope that you will continue to participate with contributions to any or all threads that interest you.  We like to think that this is the friendliest place in cyberspace.  You should be able to get answers to any questions you may come up with regarding RVing as we have a fairly broad range of experiences available among our membership.

Again,  welcome!

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.  Please jump in and answer any questions you feel you can contribute to. 

What part of the county are from?  Hopefully you will be able to join us at one of the RV Forum rallies.

Hi - and thanks to Tom, Ron, and Don for your kind words.

We live in Albuquerque. We are semi-retired and are getting ready to head to Colorado (4 corners area) for a month under the trees and the stars.

While in Durango, we like to camp at the Alpen Rose CG right on 550. Up in Silverton, our favorite in the A & B CG. It is a lovely quiet little spot right off Blair Street and we can get into town easily. I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 30 years, and so now use an electric scooter to get around for long distances. That CG affords us the ability to do that, so it works well.

Speaking of disability issues - where might be a good spot to begin a thread on that issue - perhaps it is already here somewhere, and I don't know it - but I'd be delighted to broach the subject if you all would let me know the best place to put it.

Thanks for your kind welcome.

BernerGran

BernerGran said:
Speaking of disability issues - where might be a good spot to begin a thread on that issue - perhaps it is already here somewhere, and I don't know it - but I'd be delighted to broach the subject if you all would let me know the best place to put it.

I know of at least two topics on this subject.

One was someone interested in RVing, but worried about wife's health. http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=1659.0

The other was asking how to make an RV handicap accessible. http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=1132.0

BernerGran

Go ahead and start a new topic on that subject. The General Discussion area is fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom