another new member from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artona

Hi

Looks as though you have a active and superb forum here. We are from the Uk, name is stewart, wife is Shona, have three grown up children David, 21 who is about to fly out for a year in Canada, he  got back from a year in Australia recently, eventually we fear he will not come back. daniel,19 and Penny, 18 are off to University in October so we prepared for loneliness by having another baby in December last year - her name is Jessica.

We have a 28ft Euromobil A class which we love and are active members of a Uk based forum called motorhomefacts.com.

regards

stew

Hello Stew and Shona. Welcome to our forum. Where in the UK are you?

Any photos you can shar eof the Euromobil? I saw various European-built RVs on our recent visit to the UK, but usually going the other way on the motorway, so I was unable to get a closeup look.

Howdy Stew and Shona,

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please  join in on any of the ongoing discussions, or start new discussions or ask any questions you might have..  Thanks for joining us.

Hi

we are based in Ipswich, Suffolk. The attached photo is of our Euromobil 810, taken recently when we stopped in Thetford Forest on our way back from Lincoln

stew

Attachments

• euromobil_small.jpg
    euromobil_small.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 27
HI STew. Thanks for the photo. Nice looking rig you have there.

Hi Tom

thanks, I think she is  as close to an RV as we could get without her actually being an RV. I love the RVs but of course in the UK our Mr Blair taxes fuel to the hilt, its currently hovering around the ?4.50 a gallon!

We can sleep 6/7 people in her, have two dinettes and a large bathroom. Drives a treat and returns 25 mpg

stew

Stew,

It sounds like you have a lot of utility in the coach. Must be a lot different than the small caravan my parents used to drag around the UK.

Understand the tax on petrol - lived in the UK for 32 years and recently came back from a couple of weeks in sunny south Wales (I'm a Taff, but have lived in California since 1980). I recall some of the early promises of North Sea oil - Brits were promised "low price petrol", which it probably is if you remove the tax.

I don't see any relief in sight for UK tax payers. Unless/until the UK does something about all the folks who live on the state, taxes will have to keep increasing to pay for it all.

Tom

You are obviously very upto date with the issues in the UK. It is doomed to only get worse I am afraid. Ther govn. had planned for 13000 immigrants from the expansion of Europe and they now think 300 000 have got in. A large proportion come for the state funding. Parts of London are having to increase council taxes to cover the extra burden. More and more 40-50 year olds are looking to sell up and evacuate

stew

artona said:
More and more 40-50 year olds are looking to sell up and evacuate

Who can blame them. My oldest son who lives in south Wales gets frustrated with the situation. I tell him that this started long before Britain considered joining the EU. MP Enoch Powell was very vocal in the 60's, saying "let one in and they'll all come". I wonder how many of the 24 captured in the last few days were living off the state.

;D you know Tom, when I drafted my last message I initially mentioned Enoch and then for some reason deleted it, how he must be rolling in his coffin now. Hung almost for trying to instill responsible immigration.

stew

The channel swim has got to be quite a stretch compared to the Rio Grande!  I used to work in Peterborough with the Health Authority in the late 80's.  Family comes out of Scotland up by Wigaton I think.  Welcome to the forum and I do envy that 25mpg!

fastphil said:
The channel swim has got to be quite a stretch compared to the Rio Grande!

LOL yes, it's 22 miles acrosss.

The channel swim has got to be quite a stretch compared to the Rio Grande!

I have never worked out how to quote, so cut and pasted fastphil. No swimming needed, there was a pic in the paper the other dayshowing the coaches they lay on for them now. It really is confusing. You also see pics of border controls in Europe where they have thermal cameras etc which will pick up on body heat to stop the illegal immigration and yet into England is easy.

If someone really wanted to live in the UK so much they made the swim I think they would be an asset to the country but a comfortable coach ride, followed by free housing and free benefits makes us the laughing stock certainly of Europe if not of the World.

I have attached a joke I was sent the other day, sadly its fast not becoming a joke.

stew

Attachments

• suckers.jpg
    suckers.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 22
Regretabbly, that graphic sums it up very well Stew. It really is sad to see this state of affairs.

artona said:
I have never worked out how to quote

Stew, you should see a Quote button alongside the subject line of each message. Just click it and the message will be quoted in a reply. The quote itself is contained between a pair of Quote and /Quote tags and you can edit out the bits you don't want. Just make sure the tags and their associated square brackets remain. Type your reply below the last tag.

Click the Resources button in the toolbar above and scroll down to Forum navigation tips for explanation of another quoting option and for more info on navigating the forum.

Artona---Thanks for the photo of your unit.  I love the tagg axle,  that is one of my favorite features on an RV.  The stability is for better, however you do sacrifice a bit in fuel economy./  Glad you joined the forum.

Hi

I have reregistered as I cannot remember my password and I have not got access to the email address I used to register as artona. Any idea how I can get hold of my old login

stew

Hi Artona
i am a subsciber to motorhome facts and one of the many Brits that winter in the States and frequent this forum.
So i guess it wont be long before you purchase an American RV a quick trip to the States will get caught with the RV bug ;D ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom