Another Newbie from the UK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

invicta

Hi I am Peggy.?

I live in a village 3 miles south of the city of Canterbury where the cathedral is that is visited by people from all over the world. It is hard at times to hear English spoken in the city as there are so many tourists in its narrow streets. I am 20 minutes drive away from the port of Dover and a few minutes longer from the UK side of the Channel Tunnel.

I am a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 6, 5 boys and one girl. I share a large house with my middle daughter and son in law and their daughter aged 3. My husband, a retired police officer, died last year. He had heart and renal failure. We have been unable to travel much for the past few years due to my husband's increasing failing health.I myself was disabled in 1987 as a result of an RTA but I manage to get around with the help of an electic scooter.

My current RV is a Fourwinds Siesta with 2 slide outs. The space is great for the family and a large chocolate Labrador -Coco. This is my 3rd American RV and 9th MC (I think!). One could say that i am a pretty seasoned motorcaravanner!

American RVs offer so much better value that UK and European ones. The only problem is the fuel consumption.? I have had the latest one converted to run on LPG.

We are planning a three week trip to France later this year. We have familiy living by the coast near Bordeaux. It is good to have LHD when we visit the Continent!?

'Bye for now!

Attachments

• Award of merit.jpg
    Award of merit.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Sounds like you get along very well.

My wife and I visited your country in 2001 with friends we met here on the forum. We did not get a chance to see Canterbury but we did do a loop through much of your country as well as Wales, Ireland, and Scotland. We came back to London via York. We really enjoyed it.

If you have any questions about RVing be sure to ask. There are lots of good people here ready to answer them.

Welcome aboard, Peggy.  Glad to hear you have been able to travel despite the family health problems.

If you can, post a picture once in awhile so that those of us in the colonies can get an idea of what European style camping and campgrounds are like.

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Sorry to hear of your loss.  Sounds like you do manage to get out and eenjoy the RV.  Glad you found us.

Hi Peggy,

Let me add my welcome to the others you've received. You'll find a bunch of friendly folks here, including ex-pat Brits and some folks who live in the UK and Europe.

Any photos of the Fourwinds? As Gary mentioned, please post a photo or two of campgrounds in Europe if/when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Help!

Now got pictures of my RV how do I post them?!

We have just spent our first mini break away in the new RV. Unfortunately the cruise control isn't working-something to do with the conversion from 110 to 240 v apparently. Have to go back to the dealer soon for this to be rectified.

Here's the procedure for attaching photos to messages. Note that there are limits on the size of individual attachments and the total attached to a single message. This might require you to re-size the photos. If you exceed the max number of attachments for one message just reply to your own message and attach more to the reply.

Thanks for the Info Tom, now to see if I can do it!

Attachments

• fourwinds_siesta1.jpg
    fourwinds_siesta1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 19
Wow- I did it-more pictures on their way!

Inside of my 4Winds Siesta

Attachments

• Inside Siesta.jpg
    Inside Siesta.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 17
Me, I had just been presented with the Royal College of Nursing's Award of Merit 2002

Attachments

• Award of merit.jpg
    Award of merit.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 16
Congratulations Peggy, you're now an expert on attaching photos. Also congratulations on the RCN award; The photo shows how pleased you were  ;D

BTW you can attach more than one photo to the same message (currently up to 6) provided the total combined size is no larger than (currently) 500Kb.

Back
Top Bottom