Another plumbing issue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuts_up

Over the weekend the sprayer by the toilet dribbles water when you press the pedal to put water into the commode.  Does that sound like something more complicated than replacing the sprayer and hose?  Is that a Home Depot item?

To question 1: (Complications) NO.  In fact, I don't think you need to replace the hose, in many cases you can replace just the sprayer

To question 2: Is it a standard Home Depot (Or lowes, Or ____Hardware) Item:  Yes, standard sink sprayer used on nearly every standard sink faucet from here to there and  back...  The very same thing that is in my stick built kitchen (RV's kitchen has a fancy one that is non-standard)

If you've been using hard water, there may be deposits in the spray head preventing it from shutting off completely. Try soaking it in fairly warm vinegar for 15-30 minutes and see if that doesn't solve the problem. Even if it doesn't, the problem may not be the spray head, but the diverter valve in the rear of the toilet. That may need cleaning also. Also, check your water pressure. If it's very high, even a good valve may leak. Does that on my kitchen sink drinking water spigot.

Thank you!  This sounds much better than we imagined.  We'll try this first.

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!  Dh replace the sprayer and the problem is fixed.  THANK YOU!!!!!

;D

All the replies above are too expensive, by far. The sprayer is ok, the head is ok, it's the "O" rings in the head that are worn.
For the uninitiated, "O" rings are rubber bands that keep taps and spray heads from leaking. The "O" ring allows the spray head to turn round and round without leaking.
I recently repaired my toilet spray. Price of replacement from the RV store $48. Price for replacement of "O" rings from Ace Hardware $1.41 plus tax.
In the toilet (or sink) sprayer are three "O" rings. Unscrew everything and you will find them. Lever them off, and take them down to Ace Hardware, or any other good hardware store. Match up the rings with the pictures of new rings on the "O" ring display.
And when you have replaced them and put everything back together again, you will feel so Goooooood!!
Rankjo

Back
Top Bottom