Another PressurePro story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
As we started our trip down here to Lancaster, my PressurePro monitor was reporting the loss of a few pounds in one of the tires on the toad. I initially put it down to a combination of low temperature and expected error/variation in the sensor. However, it did not get better with driving and heat. I figured I'd air up the tire before leaving for the FMCA rally in Indio. A couple of days ago, a guy who came to look at a windshield chip on the Suburban parked alongside the coach here at the Monaco rally commented "you have a nail in that tire". Sure enough, it was the same tire that the PP had reported as low and, when I plugged in the PP monitor, it reported the pressure had dropped further.

This morning I had a local tire shop remove the nail and fix the leak. While I was waiting, I overheard the owner of a motorhome parked in another bay say that they lost a tire and it damaged their black water holding tank in addition to a solar panel. (I couldn't figure out if the solar panel was being stored in a bay). The contents of the damaged tank also "made a mess under there".

I've owned this PressurePro system just a couple of months and this is the second time it's detected a problem prior to catastrophic failure, so it's already more than paid for itself. I don't sell or advertise this or any other product, but anyone needing to find a supplier for the PressurePro can find one by clicking here.

I always had concern over the possibility of getting a flat on the toad and not knowing it till much damage was done.  Now with the Pressure Pro these concerns have been put to rest.  Very good investment as far as we are concerned.

I wouldn't be without ours. Just noticed yesterday all the tires are down a couple of pounds over the past few months and it is time to pump em up.

Bernie hasn't had any demands for refunds yet has he? ;D ;D

We'd experienced an undetected flat on a toad many years ago and the result wasn't pretty. However, I procrastinated and worried about it until I finally bought the system from Bernie at QZ this year. Definitelty provides greater peace of mind.

The only "flat" we've had since installing the PP is one cold night a few weeks ago that dropped the pressure on the toad tires low enough that one of them signalled an alarm at 0400 :)  We still wouldn't be without it having had one flat on the toad with no warning.

Tom said:
A
This morning I had a local tire shop remove the nail and fix the leak. While I was waiting, I overheard the owner of a motorhome parked in another bay say that they lost a tire and it damaged their black water holding tank in addition to a solar panel. (I couldn't figure out if the solar panel was being stored in a bay). The contents of the damaged tank also "made a mess under there".
here.

I had one tire reporting low a few times on my trip,  Since I replaced the compressor that got damaged when the tow bar went I just put air in it, about 3 times

Upon return to Detroit I visited my tire store... Sure enough. I'd been nailed

Thanks to the warning the tire survived, Which is a good thing.
Since each tire is more expensive than the PP sensor, and you have to replace in pairs, and I've had at least 3 nails, screws, etc picked up by the PP,,,, I'm happy

Tom,
I sure am glad that you started this thread. We are close to purchasing a PP system. I have a question for you. Didn't your Suburban have a tire pressure monitoring system of its' own?  If so, did you remove the original sensors to use the PP's sensors? Our Jeep also has it's own tire pressure monitoring system. Jack was wondering if he would have to remove those or could they work with the PP system? He was muttering about frequencies, etc.  ???  ???

I have another concern about mounting the sensor on the valve stems of the outside dual tires. I want to upload a picture that will show our coach's valve stem.  I wondering what others have done with this situation.

Thanks,
Liz

Attachments

• Dually_Tire_valve_stem.JPG
    Dually_Tire_valve_stem.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 33
Jackliz said:
Didn't your Suburban have a tire pressure monitoring system of its' own?

Yes it does Liz, but it doesn't communicate with the PP monitor. However, its existence was one reason I procrastinated on buying the PP. I left the original sensors in place (they just look like a nut on the valve stem) and the PP sensors screw on outboard of the OEM sensors.

I have another concern about mounting the sensor on the valve stems of the outside dual tires. ... I wondering what others have done with this situation.

The other end of what's in your photo comes out again via an extender hose and I merely screwed the sensor onto the valve on the end of the exetender. When I get a chance, I'll snap a photo for you.

Chet18013 said:
You've goy an outer dual wheel wiith an extended valve stem, ment for either a front axle or inside dual mounted as an outside dual..

Chet18013

Okayyyyyyy. So-o-o-o-o, can I put that PP sensor on it??????????

Liz

Liz,

I do not use extenders so our tires are probably pretty much like yours.  Have attached two photos of the front and rear outside dual with pressure Pro Sensor installed.  Just reach up between the duals to install on rear.

Attachments

• Front with PP sensor.JPG
    Front with PP sensor.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Rear OSD with PP installed.JPG
    Rear OSD with PP installed.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 50
Ron said:
Liz,

I do not use extenders so our tires are probably pretty much like yours.  Have attached two photos of the front and rear outside dual with pressure Pro Sensor installed.  Just reach up between the duals to install on rear.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for uploading the photos!  :D

Regards,
Liz

Time to give Bernie a call.  I am sure the PP Will give you a piece of mind when traveling as they do us.  Now that you have joined the the ranks of gainfully unemployed homeless folks you are free to travel more.  ;D ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom