Another route question--Cheyenne, WY to SLC, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roamingrn

I appreciate the responses I got regarding the route from Las Vegas to Reno. It sounds very boring but very doable. But we are now considering taking the I-80 route out west to see parts of the country that we haven't seen before. Our only area of concern for towing is that stretch from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City. Last year when we went out west, we took I-70 to I-15 and got to Salt Lake City that way. We did not like that route at all! We saw two trucks with smoking burned out brakes, and I was a nervous wreck. I would love to see some of Wyoming, but not if I have to go through that kind of experience again. Has anyone done both routes? I would appreciate your opinions as to how I-80 compares to the other interstate through the Rockies.

We travel I-80 between Cheyenne and SLC quite often.  There are hills but not as long or steep as I-70 West of Denver.  We have traveled that route in both Gas powered and diesel powered motorhomes with no difficulties.

roamingrn we agree with Ron about I-80.  We have done both and I-80 is a much easier route but not as awesomely beautiful.  When we drive I-70 I put on the cruise and let the engine and the transmission determine the speed and use the engine brake for the down hill stretches which makes for a really great trip. 

Back
Top Bottom