Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MackieD

Looking for suggestions for an exterior wifi antenna and router combo. Less expensive the better. I have a 5th wheel and it is parked. I have four other rigs between me and the wifi shack. The signal is spotty through all the metal. Want to go up high to get a better connection.

I use a ubiquiti nanostation with some success. I don't do a lot of wifi but that's technically what they're made for. They have products that offer omni, sector and narrow beam solutions. I mount mine on a painter pole to my rear ladder with bicycle tubing mounts.

UISP Wireless - Tech Specs

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

What device picks up Wi-Fi from far away?

A high-gain antenna is a directional antenna that focuses your wifi signal in a specific direction. This allows you to pick up the signal from far away by increasing the antenna's gain or amplification. I used to have Yagi antenna mounted on pole that could be attached to the RV's ladder and pointed to the signal. I would remove the small antenna from my router and connect the antenna cable in it's place. That was very effective.
1718035238676.png

The problem with an antenna like the one above is your Wi-Fi Client often has no way to connect it less you butcher the thing.

On the other hand I have a Ubiquiti Nano Station.. Did a fairly good job with I parked it atop my flagpole. The flag pole is not cheap.
Upiquiti makes a bunch of different products. Different prices. Some are dual band some 2.4Ghz only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom