Anticipated Propane Shortages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep quoting me and replying to this thread, and I'm not sure why. Who are you trying to convince with your BS?
As you've provided counterpoint I respond...make sense?
I believe I have provided sufficient material for others on the forum to investigate. Ive done my job raising the topic . Thanks for the counterpoint as well. All Good!

Be Safe.

There is no shortage of natural gas. The only shortage are the big companies holding back production as an excuse to raise prices, like everything else. There may be a shortage in employees to make everything happen, .... yes... but there is no shortage of natural gas! It's in the earth! Those who control pumping it out are the problem.

And.... if you want to talk about fossil fuels? We only started having fossil fuel shortages and higher prices when a certain pipeline was shut down in 2021. Or has everybody forgotten that already?????

Last edited:
There is no shortage of natural gas. The only shortage are the big companies holding back production as an excuse to raise prices, like everything else. There may be a shortage in employees to make everything happen, .... yes... but there is no shortage of natural gas! It's in the earth! Those who control pumping it out are the problem.

And.... if you want to talk about fossil fuels? We only started having fossil fuel shortages and higher prices when a certain pipeline was shut down in 2021. Or has everybody forgotten that already?????
DS I am kinda there with you on this, but the action on Keystone didn't directly cause the current fuel price issue by hindering current transportation of oil because I don't think it would have been operational by now. However the action was related to the longer term issues of the fossil fuel industry.

COVID had many industries pumping the brakes, including fossil fuel companies. The fossil fuel companies then had subsidies canceled and heard the campaign promises to force out fossil fuel energy to go green. As the US has shown before, we can step up to the plate and make things happen when the need is great. However, why would the FF industry invest money in reopening facilities shuttered during COVID to produce more when they feel that the investment will not make business sensr because once things smoothen out a bit, the government will go back to pushing the demise of the industry.

We only started having fossil fuel shortages and higher prices when a certain pipeline was shut down in 2021. Or has everybody forgotten that already?????
If you are referring to the Keystone pipeline it was only about 8% completed when shutdown. And it was to carry tar sands crude which was being sent overseas. Canada was the one making the money off Keystone.

I purposely didnt go there but you are absolutely correct--its about the "mad & bizarre" Climate Change Politics [environmentalism] if you really want to know...so there I said it. All Political!

So climate change is fake news?
Climate change is happening…it is always changing. That’s why we had an “Ice Age” many centuries ago. It is also why the temperatures on earth were almost five degrees higher in the 1300s than they are now. As far as I know, there were no internal combustion engines around in the 1300s.

However, you will NEVER convince me that we puny little human beings are the cause of climate change. That argument is nothing more than yet another liberal elite power grab.

Climate change is happening…it is always changing. That’s why we had an “Ice Age” many centuries ago. It is also why the temperatures on earth were almost five degrees higher in the 1300s than they are now. As far as I know, there were no internal combustion engines around in the 1300s.

However, you will NEVER convince me that we puny little human beings are the cause of climate change. That argument is nothing more than yet another liberal elite power grab.
Look around you. How many petrol belching vehicles are on the road daily. Virtually every household is dependent on fossil fuels. How much concrete and asphalt has been lain across the world. Forests across the world are being decimated. Natural disasters are the norm now. Wake up! Hopefully your world view is in the minority.

Yet you won’t consider that you’ve been brainwashed into believing climate change is a “liberal elite power grab” by conservative politicians and the fossil fuel industry who want to preserve the status quo. Brilliant.

Humans did not create climate change. Humans exacerbate the problem. There are approximately 8 billion humans inhabiting the earth. That’s a lot of cars, trucks, RV’s, lawn mowers, BBQ grills, motorcycles, factories, all belching out harmful gases and chemicals into the atmosphere and the lakes, rivers and oceans. So yeah, 8 billion puny little humans do have quite a significant impact on the climate. And to tell you the truth, I don’t really care if you believe it or not. But you would think RV’ers who enjoy the great outdoors so much would be more concerned about what is happening to our planet.

Yet you won’t consider that you’ve been brainwashed into believing climate change is a “liberal elite power grab” by conservative politicians and the fossil fuel industry who want to preserve the status quo. Brilliant.
is this what they refer to as gibberish

OK, made me laugh ... "ice age".... you know.

I think global warming skipped Indiana completely. Dang, I remember summers as a kid when temps reached 100 degrees or more. I've not seen 100 in several years now. And dang, dang again .... it's now common for our winters to be 15-20 below zero in January and February, and dang, dang, dang again! It' doesn't start getting comfortable warm in Indiana until June now!

Global warming? You'll never convince me!

OK, folks, this thread has strayed from an RV discussion (shortages that may affect RVers) to philosophical war (the causes of global warming) and now to political ideology (who got brainwashed). I think it's time to put this thread on ice and get back to RVing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom