Any Arkansas based RVers that like to fish here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfason

Wife and I (53/56) sold our houseboat and bought a 2001 Ford E-450 V-10 Four Winds Class C RV. To say that every trip is an eye opening collections of lessons learned would be an understated statement to say the least.  LOL
I have learned to make sure the awning is secure, TV antenna is retracted and stored, and shore line disconnected and stored properly before driving off.  Keep windows closed when driving down the interstate.  Check sewer lines to make sure the lawn keepers have not hit it with the weedeater!  But the one thing we certainly have discovered that it would be heaven to travel with another RVer to places we could fish together, play dominoes or card games when camping.  Does anyone else do this?  One RV pulling a toad and the other pulling a boat.  Ahhh the best of all worlds with the boat and toad on the trips. 
We live in Jacksonville, AR.
If anyone might be interested in such trips, holler at us.
Look forward to interacting with all the RVers here.  We loved the comraderie when we boated and expect we will find much the same in this RV world.

Welcome to our forum.

We towed a fishing boat behind a motorhome for many years and enjoyed the best of both worlds. Travelling in pairs of RVs, with one towing a boat and the other a car, is certainly done although it's been a few years since we did that. We've discussed doing it among friends we currently RV with.

You're right about the camaraderie in boating and you'll find the same while RVing.

Thank you, Tom,
We're certainly looking forward to just that.  Being retired military, we've discussed checking out some of the famcamps around as well as attempting the dry camping methods in places.  But knowing the wife I know most of the time we will be in one of the many RV camps.  Thanks to this great forum we did purchase a Lowrance I500 and really love it.  Thank you guys for steering us right on that!  Reading the forums here has made a big difference in our purchases and the way we packed the RV.  I bought a set of air bags for the Class C but have yet to find someone to install them.  Every problem we have encountered so far has been solved using advice found here.  What a great place for us newbies to learn.  Like a spell check for RVs  LOL
Thank all of you for such a great and informative board.
Looking forward to meeting some of you.  Dry roads and clear skies to all of you.

Back
Top Bottom