Any Framily in the Cleveland, OH area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Y'all.

Do we have any Framily in the Cleveland, OH area?  My reason for asking is that I might have to go to the Cleveland Clinic in CL, OH for surgery.

Tnx,
Liz

Liz & Jack:

Don't know about Framily, but I have Family there that I could share.  I see the biggest problem is finding a campground within a reasonable distance.  When I visit, I stay at a campground south and east of Solon.  That's a pretty good distance from where the Cleveland Clinic is.  I'll try to do a little research for you.

If you are up there before I leave on my main trip in July, I'll make it a point to fly up to see you and visit my sister and her kids.  PROMISE  ;D

Your big brother,  Ron

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Y'all.

Do we have any Framily in the Cleveland, OH area?? My reason for asking is that I might have to go to the Cleveland Clinic in CL, OH for surgery.

Tnx,
Liz

Peg and I will be in Ohio visiting friends and relatives during July. The Akron/Canton area is about as far north as we plan on getting but if you need anything give us a holler. That's what's nice about being retired. Your plans are never cast in stone and your route can always be diverted for Framily.

I'm not there but I was born in Canton and spent many days in Cleveland and return nearly every year for visits.  You don't say if you need an RV space but the clinic does have a limited number of spaces with electricity and water. If you are interested you can call the Cleveland Clinic Guest Hotel which offers a limited number of RV parking spaces with access to electricity and water.  Their toll free number is:
1-877-707-8999.

PS Any one planning on traveling I-77 through Canton-Akron should check construction status. It's been a huge mess through there as they  build additional lanes. 

Smokey,

Lovelace Hospital has 7 spaces with elec & water in one of their controled parking areas.  Hospitals and large clinics often have RV sites these days.

Smoky said:
Wow BB!  That is great info for Liz I bet.  Must be rare for a clinic to actually have RV spaces.  Cool!

Smoky

I think a number of hospitals have them. I remember the heart hospital (can't remember the name) in Billings, MT has them.

Bernie,

>> I remember the heart hospital (can't remember the name) in Billings, MT has them.<<

If I recall your friend was at the Deaconess but there is St Francis too.  Both are great!!

Jim

James Godward said:
Bernie,

>> I remember the heart hospital (can't remember the name) in Billings, MT has them.<<

If I recall your friend was at the Deaconess but there is St Francis too.  Both are great!!

Jim

Thanks Jim, it was Deaconess. One of the nurses there said that it was listed as one of the top heart hospitals in the country. Hard to imagine finding such a great hospital away from the big cities :)

We met a fellow from Montana that told us he had a heart problem that would require surgery.  His doctor was in Billings and he explained that they elected to wait till they got to Phoenix for the surgery.  As he indicated they thought they might have better more experienced medical staff in the big city.  He said that just before they took him into the OR the doctor came in to see him.  Turns out the doctor was his doctor from Billings that had been flown in to preform the surgery on him. ;D

Bernie,

>>Hard to imagine finding such a great hospital away from the big cities <<

The surgeon that my brother had was from the heart center in Houston.  Remember a Dr Cooley?  The heart Drs in Billings are about as good as they come.

Jim

Ron,

>>Turns out the doctor was his doctor from Billings that had been flown in to preform the surgery on him. <<

There are several in Billings that fly with their team to various hospitals around the country including Mayo in the various cities.  VBG

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom