Any free POP3 mail accounts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

I am attracted to Conodor's idea in another thread of uploading encrypted (Ned's amendment) files to a web based POP3 account for redundant backup.

I looked at Conodor's recommended 2 gig Google account.? But it appears that is in a test mode and they are not taking on any new accounts at this time.? I can find the page to log in on but cannot find a sign up page.? I even see where they are selling the accounts on ebay.? This would have been perfect.

Hotmail does not offer free pop3, but Hotmail plus at $19.95 A YEAR offers two gigs and pop3 mail.? Go daddy is another pop3 with 2 gigs and 100 email addresses for $25 A YEAR.

Smoky

Send me an email with your desired Gmail name and password. I have a bunch I can hand out.

You get to change the password after the account is set up Smoky. This is the same way most of us here got our Gmail accounts.

Why not just have Gmail send him an invite? Then he can set up his own name & password. 

Smoky - I sent you an invitation to join Gmail to your bayfishing.com address.

That's what I'm doing Gary. They apparently changed the system since Ned gave me mine, and now only require first/last name and email address.

I don't remember them ever doing that, but then I don't remember much of anything anymore!  ???

LOL Gary, looks like you edited my message rather than replied to it. I thought I was the only one who clicked on the wrong button.

BTW here's another twist in the story. When I previewed my first invite to Smoky, I was asked for his first/last names in addition to his email address. I just re-tried sending the invite without previewing it, and it was sent.

Edit: It didn't work! My invite was returned as undeliverable because there's no such mailbox, although I copied/pasted the address from Smoky's email to me.

Smoky

Just realized why your email address was rejected by Gmail. I thought I'd copied/pasted it from your email to me, but now realize I'd typed it - i.e. mistyped it. Should now be on the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom