Any of you ladies like to sew or crochet?

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kim usually crochets afghans and scarves but on our way back from Maine this past weekend she was using some leftover yarn to make trivets/pot holders. I found another use for them - I draped one over my left arm to keep the sun from cooking me.  8)

cadee2c said:
Ive got several different projects going at any given time. However, its kinda hard to get into crocheting afghans or mittens when its 80 degrees outside. I started doing hats and scarves for an organization that houses people with HIV/AIDS here in Minnesota and another program that ties the to trees in the city parks in St Paul for people to take as they need them.

I now have to get started on baby stuff for my grandson who will be born in early December. :)

What a great idea, tying the scarves to trees for cold people to pluck.  A scarf tree.  :)

I know what you mean about working on afghans when it's warm; in an RV, I would probably have to sit in front of the air conditioner for that.  Eh, or maybe stick to cross stitch in summer months. 

Or.... keeping moving, stay in an endless autumn.  Freaking heaven.

Congratulations on your grandson.  :)  :)

Joezeppy said:
Kim usually crochets afghans and scarves but on our way back from Maine this past weekend she was using some leftover yarn to make trivets/pot holders. I found another use for them - I draped one over my left arm to keep the sun from cooking me.  8)

I've made a couple washcloths for myself, sort of custom things that are rectangles instead of squares, that I can unfold and fold as needed.

Might be just the thing to double as an arm sunscreen.  :)

I knit and want to learn more crochet.  Is it possible to put a small table out at camp grounds to try and sell my items or is that frowned upon?

Mckenna Maxwell said:
I knit and want to learn more crochet.  Is it possible to put a small table out at camp grounds to try and sell my items or is that frowned upon?

Generally frowned upon, but you can always ask the campground manager. The most they can do is say "no".

Not RV'ing yet, but we travel to and from PA to our place in SC frequently and I take my crocheting with me.  So, when I'm not driving, I either read or crochet.  I taught myself to crochet with You Tube.  I make baby blankets to learn new stitches, then donate them to Habitat for Humanity to sell in their store. 

If you want to learn to crochet, I recommend The Crochet Crowd on You Tube.  Great videos and instructions.

Back
Top Bottom