any parrotheads hang out here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a weekend/vacation place in Marathon for many years and still visit friends there from time to time. Also know some folks in Key West.  We have our home base up near Ocala now.

Sirrius Radio is stuck on Radio Margaritaville. I'd go to one of his concerts but I'm too cheap to pay the price concert tickets cost nowadays (and that goes for any entertainer).

I live in KW if anybody's coming to the MOTM here. I can help and give tips. Own a Class A DP. Fins!

www.boydscampground.com
www.sugarloafkeykoa.com
www.elmarrvresort.com
Also a MOTM forum..............http://groups.google.com/group/jimmy_buffett-moderated

[email protected]

Excellent thread, and I appreciate Mr. Keywester pointing out the extremely wonderful <cough> Jimmy_Buffett-moderated group (http://groups.google.com/group/jimmy_buffett-moderated ) where Yours Truly is hoping to get some like-minded travel-oriented Parrotheads to drop by and swap tales and sometimes lies? ::)

It's funny, because a few months ago I had asked around a few groups trying to find RVing Parrotheads and motorcycling Parrotheads and while I found and reconnected with a few motorcycling Parrotheads, I was actually told in one Buffett group that it was against the spirit of being a Parrothead (1) to RV.? Go figure.

Anyway, I'm a long-time Buffett fan and a pretty serious touring motorcyclist.? She Who Must Be Obeyed and I have been cleaning up and doing some minor repairs to a classic diesel pusher Bluebird Wanderlodge and we are about ready to get her out on the road.

It's good meeting y'all!

(1) Whoever the hell wrote those rules I'd like to have a chat with them ;)

PirateJohn said:
I was actually told in one Buffett group that it was against the spirit of being a Parrothead (1) to RV.? Go figure.

Whoever said that is an idiot. Just because Jimmy said "I'm just glad I don't live in trailer" doesn't mean he was anti-RV. I think the RV lifestyle is eminently Buffett-esque......traveling, enjoying life, kicking back and sipping margaritas. And I'm a long time Buffett fan and a long-time RVer. And what about Jimmy traveling the Caribbean in his float plane or in a boat? Huh? RVs on pontoons or on the sea.

wendycoke said:
Whoever said that is an idiot. Just because Jimmy said "I'm just glad I don't live in trailer" doesn't mean he was anti-RV. I think the RV lifestyle is eminently Buffett-esque......traveling, enjoying life, kicking back and sipping margaritas. And I'm a long time Buffett fan and a long-time RVer. And what about Jimmy traveling the Caribbean in his float plane or in a boat? Huh? RVs on pontoons or on the sea.

I agree totally. ?This particular group used to be fun but they have morphed into what we used to joke about as GOP's -- Grumpy Old Parrotheads. ?

One reason that I set up the group at Google (see my sig) was because most of the other Buffett groups were getting stale. ?People weren't traveling like they used to do. ?SWMBO and I bought our Bluebird with the express purpose of getting out and seeing some of this continent. ?To me, a major part of the Buffett/Parrothead spirit was, and still is, about travel.

Anywho, I am quite happy to have run into y'all on this forum. ?Hopefully we will meet up out on the road sometime.

I agree with Wendy!? We all know that sailing is clearly Parrotheadness.? Why?? Because it gets us away from the clamour of "proper" civilization.? Just like our RVing huh?? !!

The thing I cannot understand is why some Parrothead candidates appear to be opposed to outdoor music, based on the other thread going on.? LOL!? ?;D ;D? Jimmy might want to have a word with them.? ?;D

I'm not opposed to outdoor music....I just don't want your music interferring with my music :)  One of the great things about boondocking with no one else around is that there's no one to complain about my music volume....well, other than Mike.

Good point Wendy.  I am lucky in that I enjoy all types of music other than rap.  BUT ..... One day I ended up beside a rap lover the only venue that gives me trouble.  I kept my stereo off until they were done two days later.  I won't compete, as that is just begging for trouble.  But I was quick to fire up Mozart as they were pulling out, later switching to George Strait, Freddie Hubbard, Duke Ellington, and similar venues.

It is pretty easy to figure out when outside music is appropriate and when it isn;t.  And when you misjudge, it is easy to correct. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom