any recommendations for RV sites in the Saint Augustine area, Fla ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

We are headed for Fla and plan our first stop in the ST Augustine area. Anyone with recommendations on where to stay or not stay ????
Thanks bunches

Wally

? ?We live in nearby Jacksonville, and we love St. Augustine!? It's a beautiful and historic town.? I don't know anything about the campgrounds there, but I do have a couple of recommendations for other ways to spend your tourist money.

Fiesta Falls Miniature Golf
Address:? ?818 A1a Beach Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080?
Phone: (904) 461-5571

? ?If you like mini-golf, that's a neat place, especially if you have any youngsters in your group.? But we oldsters (I'm 60) really enjoyed it as well.

La Strada Italian Restaurant
Address:? ?4075 A1a S # 103, St Augustine, FL 32080?
Phone: (904) 471-0081

? ?My wife and I had our anniversary dinner there on 10/25 of this year.? Great Italian food and very reasonable prices.

St Augustine Alligator Farm
Address:? ?999 Anastasia Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080?
Phone: (904) 824-3337

? ?They have a lot more than just alligators.? It's a fascinating place if you love animals, especially exotic animals.

? ?Downtown, you'll find horse-drawn carriages who can give you a tour of the nation's oldest city.? A tad on the expensive side, perhaps, but we thought it was well worth it.? I think that we paid $60 plus we gave the driver a $20 tip.

? ?One place to stay away from is Camping Time RV.? Please see the thread "Is This Dealer Trustworthy?" on the Newcomers board.

? ?Enjoy your time in St. Augustine!? It's a beautiful place.

Sincerely,

? ? Irv

Some comments from previous threads on this subject  (search on St Augustine for full text):

Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort just north of Flagler Beach (between Daytona and St Augustine). You can back right up to the seawall.

Ocean Grove & Bryn Mawr in St Augustine, FL, have beach front sites.  I think Jetty Park in Titusville does also.  Another nice waterfront place is Beverly Beach Camptown in Flagler Beach - see http://www.beverlybeachcamptown.com/

We stay at a lot of the State Camgrounds in Florida. About 1/2 the price of the private owned parks and they are very nice. Very clean and very friendly staff. You can reserve Florida State campsites up to 11 months in advance. You make your resevation through  Reserve America 800-326-3521. Here is information on a state campground at St. Augustine. We have not stayed at this particular one, so I cannot give you a hands on recommendation, but if it is like the other state campgrounds, it will be nice. Maybe someone on this forum has stayed here and they can give you more information.

Anastasia State Campground
1340a A1a South
St. Augustine FL 32080-5422

From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207 to State Road 312. turn right onto State Road 312 to A1A. Left onto A1A, 1.5 miles north to park entrance. From US1 turn east onto State Road 312. Left onto A1A, 1.5 miles north to park entrance. Brown informational signs are posted along both routes showing distance and directions.      Phone Park for More Information: (904)461-2033

kentuckyladybug

Irv,

Thanks for the recommendation on the restaurant. We are hoping to be in St. Augustine the week after Thanksgiving with our Navy League RVer's group. Always looking for a great place to eat.

Jim,

? ?What's the Navy League RVers group?? Are you all retired from the Navy?? Even though we don't own an RV yet, we would still like to meet those who do and get to know a little bit about the RVing life.? Unfortunately I was never in the Navy (or any other branch of the military) due to some medical problems.? So, if you're in St. Augustine with some spare time on your hands, please drop me an email and maybe we can get together.

Sincerely,

Irv and Victoria

Hi Irv,

The Navy League is a world wide organization that supports all of our maritime services, Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, and Merchant Marines. One does not need any prior military service to belong. Only a desire to preserve our maritime services is required. Many of us have been in the Navy but our regional president was a officer in the 1st Cavalry. Because our Space Coast council was started by a resident at The Great Outdoors he has recruited a lot of RVers. They try to have a few trips each year many of which are to military bases for tours. We also get to tour ships that come into Port Canaveral. Since our son is the C.O. of USS Ramage, DDG-61 I was enlisted to join the League. ;D

We will be in St. Augustine 29 November throiugh 31 November. Email me your phone number and I will try to call you once we get there. Would love to sit down and talk with you and Victoria. Also you are welcome to come to Titusville to visit The Great Outdoors. We could show you what a really nice RV community is like. We've been full timing for 10 years and still love it.

Jim,

Thank you very much for that invitation!  I don't think that we'll be able to make it down to Titusville, 'cause my plate is pretty full right now.  I'm still getting treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, we're shopping for a motorhome, and also preparing for our move back to California (we hope to leave on 12/8 in a brand new Class A, if I can find the right coach at the right price).  However, St. Augustine is very doable.  My telephone number is 904-619-3063, and my cell is 510-701-0727.

Sincerely,

Irv

We usually stay at the Stagecoach RV Parkwhen we stay at St. Augustine. It is just off of I 95 behind the big mall on the west side of the interstate. We consider it a good park. Convenient to most things.

Irv,

OK, will give you a call if we get there. I have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon on Wednesday to talk about my shoulder. Have to see what he says.

Here's a couple of the places we have stayed and can recommend. North Beach Camp Resort on the north side of the inlet on A1A. Campground is across the street from the beach. It's our favorite. Also, St Augustine Beach KOA which is beachside but not on the beach. Anastasia State Park is nice but fills up quickly. There's also Bryn Mawr and Ocean Grove.

BTW, it's a little chilly down here this week. Ocean activities for Canadians only.  ;D

Jim Dick said:
Bruce,
49 when I got up this morning!!!

Wow! A heat wave.  ;D It was 43 in Daytona and in the 30s in Jax. Not supposed to get above 60 here tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for their input. We pulled into Stagecoach RV parkThis Am and so far everything is great.
thanks again

Back
Top Bottom