Any tips on RVing to Yellowston in winter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarsMac

When I was working at Jackson some years back, I got to take a X-country ski tour in Yellowstone. It was AMAZING!
We trucked up to the north entrance and went in a ways, and camped for the night. The next morning we went into the park quite a ways.
The road through from North to East was open, but not maintained all that well. we had 4-wheel drive vehicles which had to earn their keep a couple of times getting in and out.

I hope you have a good time, and come back to tell us about it.

SRGuy

I spent a week in Yellowstone in the middle of the winter. We went cross country skiing at -35°F. Great fun, in truth. In those days, back in the 90's, you could ski where you wanted.

I would never take my RV into Yellowstone, in the winter. We had to take a large Snowcat trip from the south gate to the lodge. Trying to drive that road, or any other roads we hiked to, in an RV, is beyond crazy, if conditions are the same now as what we experienced.

You better have one extreme cold weather outfitted rig. If you're a glutton for punishment, you should have a very good time. All others, don't even think about it!

Top Bottom