Any YouTube experts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old_Crow

I watch quite a few YouTube channels. I've been watching on my laptop and all has been good except for the last few days. Suddenly, for no reason I can find, YouTube has quit playing sound on it's videos. Normal computer notification sounds still work, sound still works when I watch a recorded video. Also, if I watch a Reel in Facebook or a news clip video the sound doesn't work there either.
I've checked the settings on the laptop, all appear normal and the volume levels are turned up. I've checked the volume button in each individual YT video and toggled them between mute and full volume. I've re-booted the computer. I've cleared the cache and cookies.
I'm now officially out of my league.

It's on your end, I believe. YouTube works fine for me.
Seems to be in your browser settings.

Does sound work with other apps?

This happens all the time, some YT videos and others have their own sound icon and often times it's off when the video loads, it's usually a smaller obscure icon that I have trouble finding sometimes and I'm actively looking for it.

Next time it happens see if you can't see its own sound icon on the video.

This happens all the time, some YT videos and others have their own sound icon and often times it's off when the video loads, it's usually a smaller obscure icon that I have trouble finding sometimes and I'm actively looking for it.

Next time it happens see if you can't see its own sound icon on the video.
I'm sure its a setting on my laptop. YT works normal on my phone and tablet. I know to look for the mute buttons in the videos, but they have no effect. A different browser I haven't tried yet. Guess that's the next try.

Well, that sorta worked. I downloaded Chrome and installed it as default browser. Now YT works again. Not only that, but it also works again in Edge. Have no idea what happened, but it's all good again now.
Where's a teenager when you need one?

Well, that sorta worked. I downloaded Chrome and installed it as default browser. Now YT works again. Not only that, but it also works again in Edge. Have no idea what happened, but it's all good again now.
Where's a teenager when you need one?
Sounds like you're on the right track. Just thought I'd mention that I often have audio issues given I switch back and forth between internal and external Bluetooth speakers at times. Running the Windows Audio Troubleshooter works more often than not to let me know what the problem is and even offers to fix it. OF course, not 100% but a good place to start IMO.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Just thought I'd mention that I often have audio issues given I switch back and forth between internal and external Bluetooth speakers at times. Running the Windows Audio Troubleshooter works more often than not to let me know what the problem is and even offers to fix it. OF course, not 100% but a good place to start IMO.
I did use the troubleshooter. That's what led me to clear the cache to try and fix it. I already knew where the settings were. I know I probably clicked something I shouldn't have somewhere, but simply installing Chrome re-set whatever it was.

but simply installing Chrome re-set whatever it was.
Probably just the perceived threat by Edge :ROFLMAO:. I keep my pc pretty locked on allowing cookies, some things do not play well because of that. Glad it's working again.

Probably just the perceived threat by Edge :ROFLMAO:. I keep my pc pretty locked on allowing cookies, some things do not play well because of that. Glad it's working again.
I'm glad it's working too. I wanted to watch the second part of Heavy D trying to recover a 23,000 lb. reach lift stuck in 4' of snow. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom